Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are at least a dozen centre halves, probably more, in England alone that are better than Stones.

All Stones is is potential, and hype.

Well that is utter rubbish, Stones has everything to make it to the elite level. Best English centre half by quite a distance and top 5 in the premier league.

Cj44Ox7XIAAzUtn.jpg

Name 5 who were at his level at 21 years old.

That's a different question. And I refer you back to my point about potential.

Micah was pulling up trees at 18 at centre half under Sven, youngest capped England defender or something, tipped as a future England captain.

Look at him now.

Potential amounts for very little, especially when it's marked by very clear flaws.

At present, there are at least a dozen centre halves in the PL who are better than John Stones.

That's a different question. And I refer you back to my point about potential.

Micah was pulling up trees at 18 at centre half under Sven, youngest capped England defender or something, tipped as a future England captain.

Look at him now.

Potential amounts for very little, especially when it's marked by very clear flaws.

At present, there are at least a dozen centre halves in the PL who are better than John Stones.

Fair enough. Valid points.

Micah's development suffered badly because of injuries. And as a result he was in and out of the team and shoved to full back. I've always thought he should have always been a centre half. Also it's clear Micah doesn't have a football brain whereas I think Stones clearly does.

A lot of Stones fee is down to potential but I firmly believe he would be ready to play in Peps system when comparing him to Pique and Boateng.

He's had two full premier league seasons at the age of 20 and 21 and has made a few mistakes granted. You could name me a dozen better centre halves but I will be able to show you mistakes for each and everyone of them I'm certain. All footballers make mistakes. He's still learning a position in which players don't perform until mid to late 20's.

Anyway name your 12. I'm curious :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.