Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
After forking out 40 odd million on another centre back, I'd be interested to know what's gonna happen to our other 30+ million centre backs plus our captain. 4 top centre backs for two positions? I don't think so somehow

Seems a bit strange that so many seem to know that Gundogan has done his Citytv stuff in Barcelona yet no one has mentioned Laporte has done his yet everyone is expecting a double signing to be announced.

After forking out 40 odd million on another centre back, I'd be interested to know what's gonna happen to our other 30+ million centre backs plus our captain. 4 top centre backs for two positions? I don't think so somehow

Kompanys minutes per season has been in decline for several years unfortunately and whilst he will remain the best defender at the club regardless of who we sign he cannot be relied upon. So with MDM and Kompany we are effectively 2 centre halves down. If pep has seen enough of Otta and/or Mangala to decide they aren't for him which isn't beyond the realms then that's 3 down.

I'll have a go at the 12 off the top of my head:

smalling, cahill (it seems Roy believes so)
Terry (considered by many to be the best in the division irrespective of his personality)
Koscielny, Mangala and Sakho (all have more caps than Laporte)
Kompany, Vertonghen, Alderweld
Arguably Jagielka and the Argentinian at Everton (when Stones was kept out of the team)
Denayer (according to the masses on here)
Morgan (was in PFA team of the year)

That's 13 but Denayer doesn't count as he's not yet played in the premier league..

PS I am not actually suggesting that Stones or Laporte are good or bad buys. It is clear that neither are the finished article as there are others picked ahead of them at club or international level, but somebody has to make a judgement on whether they believe they will evolve into Bobby Moore or David Luiz. I suspect the margins between these different outcomes are very fine.

Terry (considered by many to be the best in the division irrespective of his personality)
Arguably Jagielka and the Argentinian at Everton (when Stones was kept out of the team)

That's 13 but Denayer doesn't count as he's not yet played in the premier league..

PS I am not actually suggesting that Stones or Laporte are good or bad buys. It is clear that neither are the finished article as there are others picked ahead of them at club or international level, but somebody has to make a judgement on whether they believe they will evolve into Bobby Moore or David Luiz. I suspect the margins between these different outcomes are very fine.

Imagine thinking that nightclub bouncer wes Morgan was better at football then John stones

Not one player on that list bar John terry in his prime is better than stones

Lord come down and take my soul I've read it all now

Why are people moaning? Mangala is bang average, Kompany is injury prone and nobody has an idea of Denayer's qualities. I'd like to think the best manager in the world has an idea what he's doing.

jesus wept

John stones= most overrated centre back I've ever watched, good on the ball but fucks about too much, average defender, never seen this guy play but prefer him regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.