Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
If twitter says he hesitant then.......!
Twitter knows fuck all, I know fuck all, journalists know fuck all (He's staying - he's leaving - he's making his mind up all been reported this week), you all know fuck all......all thats written in the media is mere speculation. I say "fuck all" in relation to progress of any potential deal and either parties intentions. We're interested in him that is a given!
Makes for talking points though which is why we're here I suppose.

+1. People make much too much about what the papers say. They really do know fuck all. Especially the British media. I find it amazing the rumors they spew over there, whereas in American sports journalism if they don't have a source no one gives it credibility in the slightest.

i think thats pretty close to the first team mate. i can't see us being so attack minded though, id go with

.......................Hart
....Stones.......Kompany........Laporte
...........Gundogan.... fernandinho
.......KBD............Silva.......Sterling
...........Aguero........Aubameyang

Bench GK, Nacho, sane, sagna, navas, fernando, youngster - bryne ?

In fairness I can't see us splashing out a lot of money on sane only to then put him on bench. He'll probably replace silva and KDB will play as a number 10

There is absolutely no way we are going to play 3 at the back unless we play wingbacks. Our defence already gets shafted on the counter, 3 at the back in the premier league is suicide.

Having KDB and Sterling (or whoever plays the wings) acting as defending wing backs is at the expense of pace on the counter as they would have to get past the opposition's winger and fullback as oppose to just the fullback (and drawn central midfielder). More importantly they are not effective defenders (especially Sterling). That leaves you with two holding midfielders and Silva (a possession player, as oppose to one with pace) to move up the pitch as one triangle (where the wingers would otherwise form connecting triangles to shift the ball), which would not be hard to snuff out by a top side. This would also leave two isolated forwards who feel the need to drop deep; very quickly your attacking threat starts to fall apart. With proper wingbacks, a different midfield and the right tactics it could be very effective however - but we don't have the right players.

Believing we'll play 3 at the back to cram in the superstars is naive imo. There's my colours nailed to the mast, feel free to bump at the end of August.

Last edited:
Every time teams play 3 at the back against us they seem to do so very well. It always seems to be an off the cuff decison too, not like they have weeks of having it drilled into them.

When we do it we look like our defenders boots are supplied by Havianas.

+1. People make much too much about what the papers say. They really do know fuck all. Especially the British media. I find it amazing the rumors they spew over there, whereas in American sports journalism if they don't have a source no one gives it credibility in the slightest.

Truth is, all we have to go on are reports. That's the only way we even know that we're in for Laporte. Completely dismissing reports as a source of knowledge is ridiculous.

There's no hesitancy, he's being respectful to the club and doesn't want to turn this into a Herrera/United situation which was a 2 year soap opera. There's all the paper work that needs to get in order there's the talks with Bilbao, there was the medical clearance and he's probably drafting his goodbye letter to a very loyal fanbase that year after year see their favorites leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.