Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to do a more complete translation but realised it was a waste of time. ;-)

By the way, my Spanish side is from Zaragoza, not Bilbao (though, it is a lovely place)!
Hi mate but thats my point its not tranlated into English and thats what I did for our fellow Blue Mooners mate.Unfortunately my first post ended up in Spanish until I did the second post which was removed for some reason as it was definitely translated into English,but that got removed also.
Ah well.
By the way SB way back in 1969/70 me and my mate hitch=hiked to Bilbao when we played them in the Cup Winners Cup and we drew 3.3 after being 3-1 down.
We stayed for three night in San Sebastien (September) and we played football with other City fans on Horseshoe Bay.Wonderful place.
As soon as we arrived in a bed and breakfast they took our Passports of us as any visitors had to be vetted by the police.

This is usually where, shortly after a tweet that says something is done, some other Twitter no mark says its not technically done, but will be done very soon. Basically complete bollocks they know can't be disproven, which people will lap up thinking they're itk. Football journalism for the most part is pretty toss, but football transfer reporting is the lowest ebb. Sharing space with the likes of Ryan Giggs and aids.

Judging by his stint at Bayern, Guardiola likes to choose particular setup for each opponent. Not sure that Laporte is suitable for 3ATB as LCB, he's not very mobile.
If Laporte is slotting in next to Stones, I’d be leaning toward a back four with advanced wingbacks, particularly if we’re looking at trying to boss teams.

So;

——————— Ederson ———————

—— Stones ————— Laporte ——

Walker ——————————— Mendy

Of course, that leaves Otamendi out in the cold, so that doesn’t solve the issue either...

Hi mate but thats my point its not tranlated into English and thats what I did for our fellow Blue Mooners mate.Unfortunately my first post ended up in Spanish until I did the second post which was removed for some reason as it was definitely translated into English,but that got removed also.
Ah well.
By the way SB way back in 1969/70 me and my mate hitch=hiked to Bilbao when we played them in the Cup Winners Cup and we drew 3.3 after being 3-1 down.
We stayed for three night in San Sebastien (September) and we played football with other City fans on Horseshoe Bay.Wonderful place.
As soon as we arrived in a bed and breakfast they took our Passports of us as any visitors had to be vetted by the police.
Oh, I understand and appreciate the effort. It’s just a lot of time to devote for translation when it is basically just saying we have signed him for quite a lot of money and Bilbao are not entirely happy with the arrangement but will accept it as they were less than prudent with their release clause arrangement. Oh, and Txiki is a scoundrel (but our kind of scoundrel). I think the mods removed it because the entire article was quoted, though, right? It’s an inconvenient rule but I understand why it is in place.

And San Sebastián is one of my favourite places (and not just because of the name)—if you have the dosh, it has some of the best restaurants in the world and the people are pretty great, too (once they warm up to you). I am 34 in March (coming back to Manchester for the second time in four months for it, actually), and have dual citizenship, so I never ran into the same vetting issues you did while travelling in Spain. But I was flagged quite a lot when flying in the early oughts. It meant a lot of “special” security scrutiny and not an insignificant number of hand searches. No horrible experiences as a whole, though, which cannot be said for a few of my Basque friends.

I just hope Laporte can handle the weather after living in Bilbao for so long. ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.