Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly,Otamendi is on another level to Stones
Otamendi has had his selection of brain farts . Virtually every poster had the opposite opinion after the first Liverpool game and his late foul against Chelsea.
We have two very good centre backs one of whom is a little bit out of form following an injury break.

PS even the Beeb are reporting this as expected now.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42811597

How really good is this guy?
Not a full international not with premier league experience . He is not that fast. Would rather prefer Evans, especially for the money we are going to pay.
But in the positive note, if pep wants him then no argument, he must be a good defender who can play the ball from the back.
If there are some athletic fan here than please explain his pros and cons.
I remember a benfica fan saying about ederson, if he performs what he had been performing there than we are getting a hell of a player. That came out to be true.

I’d rather have Gonorrhea than Evans.

Otamendi has had his selection of brain farts . Virtually every poster had the opposite opinion after the first Liverpool game and his late foul against Chelsea.
We have two very good centre backs one of whom is a little bit out of form following an injury break.

PS even the Beeb are reporting this as expected now.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42811597
I really wish you hadn't posted that link. I was stupid enough to read the comments underneath and I now want to go out and randomly punch people.

Not a full international not with premier league experience . He is not that fast. Would rather prefer Evans, especially for the money we are going to pay.
It's a gamble, but that's the nature of the game. We would get some resale fee if he was not up to the job. Evans on the other hand is shit. We know he is and the overused adage that pep can get him playing well does not wash with me.
Basically I'd rather potentially waste 60m on an unknown quantity of sorts than definitely waste 30m on a well known bang average player of limited ability.

I hope we don't play three at the back to often after this. Against the teams that park the bus (80%?) It just means we lose a player in midfield. Against the bigger teams it sounds attractive, mind.

On the other hand, passing out of the back with Stones and Laporte sounds great.
Id say the other way. Will give us extra forward options as the full backs will become midfielders

Ie

Eddie
Nico. Stones. Laporte
Walker. Dinho. Zinchenko
Debryune silva. Sane
Sergio

Or similar

I hope we don't play three at the back to often after this. Against the teams that park the bus (80%?) It just means we lose a player in midfield. Against the bigger teams it sounds attractive, mind.

On the other hand, passing out of the back with Stones and Laporte sounds great.
It's actually the other way round with Guardiola. He has shifted to 3ATB in 11/12 to get an additional midfielder. In his (or, better said, Cruyff/Dutch) version of 343/352 LCB and RCB step up to midfield and act like deep-lying 'pivots'. You can watch the Brighton game to see it. The problem is LCB/RCB ideally have to combine fullback's mobility with qualities of a ball-playing CB, such players are very rare.
Barca - Villareal (2011): LCB(Abidal) - CCB (Busquets) - RCB (Mascherano), Keita as a sole pivot.
busi-deeper.png

I really wish you hadn't posted that link. I was stupid enough to read the comments underneath and I now want to go out and randomly punch people.

They are desperately trying to chuck back all the things they've been rightly accused of lately. Sanchez never wanted to be there so its Evans snubbing us(lol), the money thing. The tables have well and truly turned and they don't like it, especially the armchair lot.

But in the positive note, if pep wants him then no argument, he must be a good defender who can play the ball from the back.
If there are some athletic fan here than please explain his pros and cons.
I remember a benfica fan saying about ederson, if he performs what he had been performing there than we are getting a hell of a player. That came out to be true.
he's very good. his injury may have pegged him back a little but he'll be fine. as for the prem he'll piss it. made for it. made for a Pep team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.