Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said its down to the manager. What would the reaction on his forum been if we had bought Wes Morgan and Robert Huth at the start of last season. Its been proven its about setting up systems and having players to fit those systems

Its not about having a group of world class players and saying go out and play its about letting those players know what their roles are and how those roles in fit in to the overall system and getting their buy in to that system

Its not necessarily about who we buy but what we do with them when we get them dont you think!!

we've had nastasic, savic, de michelis, mangala, otamendi, javi garcia, jack rodwell, fabian delph - all defensive players, all failures. Under 2 managers. At some stage you have to look at the recruitment policy when there have been multiple players with quite obvious flaws purchased.

I mean, Guardiola might be a good coach, but he isn't going to be able to give Mangala composure, Sterling a first touch or make Delph a cultured midfielder

We'll probably end up with johnmeric laporte.

giphy.gif

we've had nastasic, savic, de michelis, mangala, otamendi, javi garcia, jack rodwell, fabian delph - all defensive players, all failures. Under 2 managers. At some stage you have to look at the recruitment policy when there have been multiple players with quite obvious flaws purchased.

I mean, Guardiola might be a good coach, but he isn't going to be able to give Mangala composure, Sterling a first touch or make Delph a cultured midfielder
Agreed.

I think you need to do both: that is, buy quality players, and then motivate/coach them so that they perform at their enthusiastic best for the team.

Under Pep I expect that we'll both buy much better players that fit into our system and that these players will be motivated to play their best.

I am not sure why City bother with scouts. Why not just come on bluemoon and see what people on here know about players before they buy as we have so many experts

And before some of ou jump and down screaming but I watch a lot of Spanish football etc just remember that City pay alot of money to scouts who specifically watch individual players not once or twice a year or from YouTube clips but who watch players over a 12 month period or more

Now things dont always work out BUT I will judge their judgement in front of anyone on here. Now past performance is not a guide to future performance as we know but at least we can be sure that they have looked at everythng to try and make it work

What is important is how the manager intergrates and coaches the player and that is something that I think will change under Pep
Is too rational a thought and 100% correct in my opinion.Well said chester.

I am not sure why City bother with scouts. Why not just come on bluemoon and see what people on here know about players before they buy as we have so many experts

And before some of ou jump and down screaming but I watch a lot of Spanish football etc just remember that City pay alot of money to scouts who specifically watch individual players not once or twice a year or from YouTube clips but who watch players over a 12 month period or more

Now things dont always work out BUT I will judge their judgement in front of anyone on here. Now past performance is not a guide to future performance as we know but at least we can be sure that they have looked at everythng to try and make it work

What is important is how the manager intergrates and coaches the player and that is something that I think will change under Pep
This post always confuses me. Do you seriously not expect people to post their opinions on transfers, on the transfer forum? No one (as far as I've read) have claimed to have better insight than Pep or City's scouting team, they simply post their opinions, which are sometimes a decent read so I don't see the harm to be honest.

He's taller than Mangala and all our defenders other than Kompany and (not sure I believe this part) according to a quick google search, he weighs more than any of them.

I meant muscular. Height wise he is ideal.

Foreign players always take some time to adjust to the set plays in this country. Take De Gea, he can do everything very, very well but he absolutely shit at judging corners or crosses to the box from FKs, a FK straight at him is bread and butter. A FK delivered to the box 10 yatds away and he is sloppy as shit.

I have a question, which may or may not have been asked on in thread.

If he's as good as he's being built up to be, how come he hasn't he playedfor the French senior team yet?

This is all smelling like an another vastly overpriced, underperforming, surplus to requirments Centre Half signing. I think with Denayer on board Pep has more than enough to work with.

He was set to make the Euro squad but he got injuries in his last U21 game before his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.