Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of it. Its bullshit

Him and Deschamps get get along, Deschamps is renowned for being a difficult character. Yet he actually did pick him before an injury ruled him out and Spain courted him. Played all his life in Spain and they still tried to get him for 3 years despite this "loner" myth.

Has been a superb professional at city, never a single rumbling of discontent, nothing about him being hard to work with. Only issue is wanting more minutes which is understandable. In fact, when we were totally up against it in 21/22 he was arguably our most important player, playing the run-in on one leg when all our other defenders were crocked. So much so that he was injured throughout the close season and into last season which ultimately cost him his place. Without him the dippers would have won that title. That shows huge character and being a top team mate to me.
Well said. Could not agree more.

Good luck to him.

I can't help but feel the club have treated him a bit shit if I'm honest. He's been a top professional for us and we've just pushed him into the cold. Hardly a Mangala situation is it.

We spent like two summers chasing him to sign as well, only to unceremoniously bin him off after a couple of years.

It's not often we do this but it does stink a bit if I'm honest.
We have no idea what’s happened behind the scenes.

Grateful for Aymeric's service and professionalism. We wouldn't have won it 2 seasons ago without his efforts. And when he was supplanted in the starting XI, many players of his calibre may have popped off in the press or social media.

Also, imagine the state of the continental "giants" that none of them could've made a successful bid for him?

Wasn't Arteta interested according to rumours of last couple of days? or just other bollocks?

Good luck to him.

I can't help but feel the club have treated him a bit shit if I'm honest. He's been a top professional for us and we've just pushed him into the cold. Hardly a Mangala situation is it.

We spent like two summers chasing him to sign as well, only to unceremoniously bin him off after a couple of years.

It's not often we do this but it does stink a bit if I'm honest.
Hardly binning him off after a couple of seasons - he signed for us the best part of 6 years ago.

Any reason you're always slagging off our players and fans but always defend the likes of Sam Lee and co?
Which players have I slagged off? I think Laporte is one of the best left footed CBs of his generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.