Ayres Rock (Uluru).....Australia

I climbed the rock in 1999 it was an amazing experience, my personal believe is this planet belongs to us all and if we want to see it ie everest grand canyon barrier reef the rockies you get my drift then for me go and see them they are fantastic places to visit, as long as they are respected and rules followed i see no reason to ban people from them.

So do I but when I've visited Mosques or Catherdrals I've respected the rules and wishes of those that believe, when I visited Uluru back in 1990 I decided to not climb it, don't feel I missed out, used the time when others climbed it to walk round it then stood and watched it change colours at sunset. Not sure what climbing up it would have added to it except making me hot and sweaty. Think the walking round seeing different views of it was better spent time.
But Mosques and cathedrals are man made for the purpose of worship, not a natural landmark.
What if native American's decided Niagara Falls is some kind of spiritual place and banned the Maids of The Mist from doing boat trips?
Climbed it in 1992, hanging on to the rope barrier on the steep bits whilst the Japanese tourist in front of me filmed his family / frends arses the whole way.
If i recall there was a book at the top you could sign and state where you were from. Gave that long queue a miss.

So do I but when I've visited Mosques or Catherdrals I've respected the rules and wishes of those that believe, when I visited Uluru back in 1990 I decided to not climb it, don't feel I missed out, used the time when others climbed it to walk round it then stood and watched it change colours at sunset. Not sure what climbing up it would have added to it except making me hot and sweaty. Think the walking round seeing different views of it was better spent time.
Cathedrals and mosques are man made for one.

Two, lots of hills/mountains are pretty to look at from the bottom but I still enjoy walking up them.

Two, lots of hills/mountains are pretty to look at from the bottom but I still enjoy walking up them.
When we got to Uluru it was too windy to climb so we walked around it. By the time we finished that they opened it up for climbing again so five of us decided to do the climb as well. Great views and a sense of achievement

I don’t climb St Pauls cathedral or the Vatican and would want any twats that wanted to stopped.

But Mosques and cathedrals are man made for the purpose of worship, not a natural landmark.
What if native American's decided Niagara Falls is some kind of spiritual place and banned the Maids of The Mist from doing boat trips?
Climbed it in 1992, hanging on to the rope barrier on the steep bits whilst the Japanese tourist in front of me filmed his family / frends arses the whole way.
If i recall there was a book at the top you could sign and state where you were from. Gave that long queue a miss.

Last 2 replies saved me the trouble.

I love the fact that some folk think that because 'they' believe it's a religious monument, made by god not man mind, is theirs only. What if i turn up and told them god had told me he put it there for me to climb!

Religions are all shite and should be treated with utter contempt.

Last 2 replies saved me the trouble.

I love the fact that some folk think that because 'they' believe it's a religious monument, made by god not man mind, is theirs only. What if i turn up and told them god had told me he put it there for me to climb!

Religions are all shite and should be treated with utter contempt.
Not everything has to be confrontational, showing a little respect where its asked for sometime isn't always bad, not to me anyway. It's no big thing.

Not everything has to be confrontational, showing a little respect where its asked for sometime isn't always bad, not to me anyway. It's no big thing.
So where is the respect for me if i wish to climb a natural monument? Religion is all bollocks and things like this show how indoctrinated some people are.

If 'God' put it there what's to say 'he' didn't want people to climb it? It's nothing to with 'God' but someone wanting to feel all powerful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.