Back to back Murray World title fights this weekend.

conormcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
a draw?! hmmm...that should make Macklin champ by unanimous decision on that basis.
Explain...

i thought Macklin did more than Murray to win their respective fights against Sturm.

So if Murray can get a draw, on that basis Macklin should be champ as he did better than Murray imo.

I don't think Murray did enough to get a result, no matter how much Jim Watt could give rounds to him where Sturm had thrown the better punches.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
conormcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
a draw?! hmmm...that should make Macklin champ by unanimous decision on that basis.
Explain...

i thought Macklin did more than Murray to win their respective fights against Sturm.

So if Murray can get a draw, on that basis Macklin should be champ as he did better than Murray imo.

I don't think Murray did enough to get a result, no matter how much Jim Watt could give rounds to him where Sturm had thrown the better punches.

Crazy scoring tonight in Germany. I had Sturm winning the fight. His clean shots were eye catching a good preformance by Murray. After the Macklin fight and going by the scores on that night to tonight I was expecting a wide points win for Sturm.
Weird last 2 fights in Germany Sturm has struggled Macklin was robbed and tonight being held to a draw he just doesnt do enough in fights any more. IF there is a rematch Murray will win it Sturm is fading big time. I think the Macklin team will be pissed after seeing that as Macklin would of beat Sturm tonight if they boxed. Sadly for Macklin he will be fighting Martinez next.

The division is full of talent I wouldnt mind seeing a fight with Murray , Lee , Macklin and Barker any combination it would be a great fight night a Ireland v England in pro boxing. There is good fighters there a Super 6 in this division could be made if they want to do it.
If you take away Marthinez because of his age I can see him calling it a day some time next year. You have Sturm WBA for Germany , Daniel Geale IBF for Aus , Chavez Jnr WBC for Mexico , Peter Quillin for US , Mat Macklin Ireland , Dmitry Pirog Russia. Also what could be brought into if people pull out Andy Lee , Darren Barker and even Murray. All these fighters are young and could well be in some great fights in the coming years against each other.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
conormcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Explain...

That's just your opinion though. People score fights every fight in different ways.

In other news, Brandon Rios has failed to make weight 3 times and has been stripped of his LW title. He looked so drained at the weigh-in it's ridiculous, Murray might actually have a chance if it goes into the late rounds.

conormcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
conormcfc said:
Explain...

That's just your opinion though. People score fights every fight in different ways.

In other news, Brandon Rios has failed to make weight 3 times and has been stripped of his LW title. He looked so drained at the weigh-in it's ridiculous, Murray might actually have a chance if it goes into the late rounds.

I know it's just my opinion, obviously...

I didn;t think Murray did enough to win it. Easy to say sat in my living room but i think he gave sturn a bit too much respect early on.

Rumours is Rios has the flu and thats why he didnt make the weight. I beleive they have given him in the morning to get to a certain weight for the fight to still go ahead. So it could well be a wasted journey for Murray.

Sturm was dominant early on but Murray surprised me and cameback. I had Sturm winning it though, was kind of shocked that the one judge favored 115-113 to Murray.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.