Bacon face finished in transfer market

end of the day , i dont give a flying toss if baconface does or doesnt sign anybody cos nothin can take away my smile on me face at the moment, ( hope everton sign that kid from sheff utd) cos i reckon that means lescott on his way 2us. but i do think man ure dont wanna be overshadowed by us, so i think they may end up with eto...... but i dont give a shit.cos they are now living in citys shadow

Fergie patronises Wenger.

Wednesday 22.07.2009 London Min:15°C Max:24°C

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/21/sir-alex-ferguson-arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-is-the-most-under-pressure-115875-21536292/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21536292/</a>

Search Mirror.co.uk
Site Map Tags RSS
HOMENEWSSPORTCELEBSTV & ENTERTAINMENTLIFE & STYLEADVICETRAVELOPINIONFUN & GAMESVIDEO
Football Pictures Columnists Rugby Cricket Motorsport Racing More Sports Topics

Sir Alex Ferguson: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is the most under pressure

By David McDonnell 21/07/2009

Arsene Wenger is the Premier League manager under the most pressure heading into the new season, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Despite his admiration for the Arsenal boss, Fergie claimed Wenger faces the biggest test of his 13-year reign.

Wenger - who hasn't won a trophy for five years - has a limited budget to spend, despite having sold Emmanuel Adebayor to Man City for £25million.

Fergie said: "Arsenal have got the biggest test to be where they want to be.

"I know Arsene doesn't have any money. I think they're struggling cash-wise, so it's a big test. They've sold Adebayor and there seems to be evidence that he can't use the money."

Advertisement - article continues below »

Despite such apparent constraints, Ferguson claimed Wenger - who turned down a summer move to Real Madrid - stayed with the Gunners because of his legacy there.

"I think Arsenal's his club," said Fergie.

"He's built it in his image and it's hard for him to leave it.

"Arsene's 59 now and he'll never have the time to rebuild another club like Arsenal if he went elsewhere. He realises that at his age.

"He could have gone to Real Madrid, but is Real Madrid his kind of club? "The way he thinks about football? I don't think so."I know Arsene doesn't have any money. They're struggling cash-wise so this season is a big test

Could you write about your football team? Mirror.co.uk is looking for football fans to blog about their club next season. Email dan.silver@mirror.co.uk and explain why you want to be the voice of your club on Mirror.co.uk

Get player videos and transfer news round-ups on the Football Spy blog.

Users' Comments (1)

KAMSOMAN wrote:
Fergie is worried about Arsenal
21/7/2009 17:23 BST
Report Abuse

If you ask me, it's more likely that Fergie is NOT worried by Arsenal. There's none of his usuay snarling. Perhaps he's wrong not to worry but that's a different issue.

mancitymick said:
It can be taken three ways
1. The crafty sweaty has a surprise signing
2. He has finished as he beleaves his squad is good enough
3. He has finished as there is no money in the pot

I will go with number three

3 = wrong. He's just got in £80m for god's sake and there's no way he would tolerate the Glazers trousering all that lot.

2 = wrong. He's obviously light up top with Owen and Berbaflop. Owen could get injured getting out of his car.

1. It's his "house-style" to play it cool like this.

I would bet decent wonga that there's more to come from the swamp.

Chippy_boy said:
mancitymick said:
1. The crafty sweaty has a surprise signing
2. He has finished as he beleaves his squad is good enough
3. He has finished as there is no money in the pot

I will go with number three

3 = wrong. He's just got in £80m for god's sake and there's no way he would tolerate the Glazers trousering all that lot.

2 = wrong. He's obviously light up top with Owen and Berbaflop. Owen could get injured getting out of his car.

1. It's his "house-style" to play it cool like this.

I would bet decent wonga that there's more to come from the swamp.
I agree here,with players like Villa,Aguerro,Dzeko,Henry still possibly available,it would not be a huge surprise to see one of these ending up at swamp unfortunately.

Blue4ever85 said:
I hope he splashes £30m on Eto.

I think I would wee myself laughing :D
Sorry if I'm missing something here, but why would you find it funny if the rags signed a major target that we were unable to sign?

bugger them and their strikers they have and may sign!
i would be more worried about their midfield, its the weakest its been for years!!
actually now i think of it i hope they splash 20 or 30 million on a striker cause they won't be getting much service from the midfield!

who%20cares.jpg

The rags are now irelevant!

Chippy_boy said:
mancitymick said:

wrong. taggart has absolutely no say in the matter. he gets what the glazers want to give him and the glazers have trousered most of the money. end of.

rassclot said:

wrong. taggart has absolutely no say in the matter. he gets what the glazers want to give him and the glazers have trousered most of the money. end of.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were a Rags Executive Director with access to such information.

Er, not.

We can assume that Fergiscum has a working relationship with the Glazers and there will be mature dialogue about funding. Them just telling him he has no money and he can feck off and lump it is not remotely credible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.