Baconface dismisses Man City threat

oakiecokie said:
Quicksilva21 said:
http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/latest/sir-alex-guide-to-being-real-fan/

The peasants are revolting....

Actually a good read a rag mate on twitter put me onto...

Oh I do love this one ;
Just1n says:

July 22, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Another excellent article Ed. As Alf said in another thread, i’m really losing all respect for Fergie. If he feels the need to suck Malcolms cock then he should do that without involving fans.

Here's the bit I like...

'“We can play 18-year-olds because it’s part of our history. City won’t do it. They definitely won’t play any young players who have come up through the system. Their buys are all 25, 26, 27-year-old established players with a good maturity, experience and good ages.”

It’s an argument that would, of course, have more weight had City’s average player age not been two years lower during the Manchester derby last April. Or if the young United players that started the game – the ones who ’came through the system’ – weren’t Ryan Giggs, 38, and Paul Scholes, 37.'

We don't have to mock the bastards anymore, they're doing it to themselves...

Quicksilva21 said:
oakiecokie said:
Quicksilva21 said:

Oh I do love this one ;
Just1n says:

July 22, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Another excellent article Ed. As Alf said in another thread, i’m really losing all respect for Fergie. If he feels the need to suck Malcolms cock then he should do that without involving fans.

Here's the bit I like...

'“We can play 18-year-olds because it’s part of our history. City won’t do it. They definitely won’t play any young players who have come up through the system. Their buys are all 25, 26, 27-year-old established players with a good maturity, experience and good ages.”

It’s an argument that would, of course, have more weight had City’s average player age not been two years lower during the Manchester derby last April. Or if the young United players that started the game – the ones who ’came through the system’ – weren’t Ryan Giggs, 38, and Paul Scholes, 37.'

We don't have to mock the bastards anymore, they're doing it to themselves...

He really is losing the plot and what a finer way than becoming an embarrassment to your own supporters.Magic.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Like a bottle of wine, there comes a time when it becomes "corked", baconface is at that point now.

I'm hoping an Ameri Itchynose/Welsh wizard lovefest will tip him over the edge!!

Quicksilva21 said:

That's a great read. Well written , balanced and fair.

The party's well and truly over and I think reality is now hitting home. Oh how they must regret mocking us as much as they did for all those years. They cannot possibly imagined when they woke up on September 1st 2008 that today, less than four years later, they would find themselves casting such an envious gaze in our direction.

A great deal of discontent that has been simmering for the last few years could surface very quickly, especially if they don't get off to a good start on the pitch. There has always been a residual resentment from local united fans about some of the fans that the club has picked up in the last twenty years. This could manifest itself in fans turning on each other, just like we occasionally used to during the dark days, only this time there will be other issues below the surface about the soul of the club.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Quicksilva21 said:

The party's well and truly over and I think reality is now hitting home. Oh how they must regret mocking us as much as they did for all those years. They cannot possibly imagined when they woke up on September 1st 2008 that today, less than four years later, they would find themselves casting such an envious gaze in our direction.

But there are still some of them that dont get it, on saturday after our game I went to watch our firsts (cricket), someone decided to write Man Utd on my car, rather than get upset or rub it out or even wash my car, I simply wrote 1 City 6, got a good reaction at the game yesterday

law74 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Quicksilva21 said:

But there are still some of them that dont get it, on saturday after our game I went to watch our firsts (cricket), someone decided to write Man Utd on my car, rather than get upset or rub it out or even wash my car, I simply wrote 1 City 6, got a good reaction at the game yesterday

top marks for initiative! (i have to confess my instant reaction would have been to simply rub it out).

"won't play young players"

Pretty sure we played Razak, Scapuzzi, Rekik, Suarez, Savic, and more(?) last season when we had so little injuries, we didn't need to at all.

"Our scouting system is so good"

So good he missed out when his neighbours bought a young kid called Nir Biton! Not to mention all our trialists.

The guy is such a **** it's unreal.

Goo said:

Pretty sure we played Razak, Scapuzzi, Rekik, Suarez, Savic, and more(?) last season when we had so little injuries, we didn't need to at all.

So good he missed out when his neighbours bought a young kid called Nir Biton! Not to mention all our trialists.

We know that even BaconChops knows that! It like someone has already pointed out he's setting the Agenda for the media and his fans

waspish said:
Goo said:

We know that even BaconChops knows that! It like someone has already pointed out he's setting the Agenda for the media and his fans

Yeah! Fucking annoying though, everyone takes his word as gospel... Everyone has an opinion on City, and hardly anyone knows what's actually happening.

I hear the "We never play academy players" etc argument all the time. While being untrue is annoying because, I believe we've revolutionized our first team to build a name on an international level. What that does is enables us to compete for the signatures of young lads who will want to grow through our academy to the first team. When we were mid table and fluctuating in and out of lower leagues, we were being used as a stepping stone a lot of the time, not necessarily through malice in the players, but once a bigger team noticed we had a good youngster, they would be cherry picked and there's hardly anything we can do about it. Over the years we've been seeing us compete with the likes of Real and Barca for young players now, and with the new training facilities we're going to be the dogs bollocks at bringing players through the academy. What everyone neglects in their argument, is that doing this takes far more time than building a title winnings first team squad. We need the infrastructure to do so, an infrastructure the scum et al have had for years!

Even with all that in mind, we've still produced the most premier league players than any other academy (Can't find the reference but pretty sure I've read it somewhere).

3-4 years ago we started a mission to change our first team, and we've done it, I suspect the same time frame for our academy to really fulfill the potential it has!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.