"Bad Advice"......The Home Improvement Section.

SteWadda said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
I tend to use people I have known for years. I use a local garage that has had plenty of chances to do me over - but never have. They get all my family's business.

Other than that, I now use checkatrade. Sitting in my breakfast room ATM as there is an installer fitting a new fireplace in the lounge that I got from there. In days gone by I would have done most of the work myself as I don't trust most tradesmen but checkatrade hasn't yet let me down

Breakfast Room? A room just for breakfast?

Was thinking the same thing!

In my missus' grans house there is a room referred to as the "drawing room", when i asked why you would have a room just for drawing i was looked at like a twat. Apparantly a lot of people have them!?

CTID1988 said:
SteWadda said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
I tend to use people I have known for years. I use a local garage that has had plenty of chances to do me over - but never have. They get all my family's business.

Other than that, I now use checkatrade. Sitting in my breakfast room ATM as there is an installer fitting a new fireplace in the lounge that I got from there. In days gone by I would have done most of the work myself as I don't trust most tradesmen but checkatrade hasn't yet let me down

In my missus' grans house there is a room referred to as the "drawing room", when i asked why you would have a room just for drawing i was looked at like a twat. Apparantly a lot of people have them!?

When i was a kid we had a living room and a front room and the front room was never open unless it was xmas day or someone posh came to visit

karen7 said:
CTID1988 said:
SteWadda said:

When i was a kid we had a living room and a front room and the front room was never open unless it was xmas day or someone posh came to visit

I've got a living room, dining room and kitchen. Just had a living room and kitchen when I was a kid.
Do people with a breakfast room have a dinner and tea room? Probably lunch and dinner room in a house with a breakfast room actually.

karen7 said:
CTID1988 said:
SteWadda said:

It used to be a study. We use it for breakfast and evening meals. It's next to the kitchen and utility room. It's not the dining room so what else should we call it?

Ronnie the Rep said:
karen7 said:
CTID1988 said:

It used to be a study. We use it for breakfast and evening meals. It's next to the kitchen and utility room. It's not the dining room so what else should we call it?

Depending where it is front room or back room?

Ronnie the Rep said:
karen7 said:
CTID1988 said:

Why are you having breakfast in the afternoon, lazy sod.

andyhinch said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
karen7 said:

Lol. that put me right off what i was going to say

andyhinch said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
karen7 said:

I'm not, just hiding from all the dust and rubble!

Ronnie the Rep said:
andyhinch said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

You should call it the hiding room, don't know why but I've got an image of you sat there in a smoking jacket.

andyhinch said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
andyhinch said:

You should call it the hiding room, don't know why but I've got an image of you sat there in a smoking jacket.

Haha. You should see my original pic on the who are you thread. Sitting in Istanbul smoking a hookah pipe wearing a jacket. Do we know each other ? :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.