"Bad Advice"......The Home Improvement Section.

Re: "Bad Advice"......The Home Improvement Section.

I was sitting in my library when a spark from the fireplace jumped the antique guard and set fire to the persian rug. I quickly called my man to put it out, after he had refilled my scotch obviously, but it left a small hole which needed repairing. Before I sacked the useless servant for dereliction of duty he managed to get the rug fixed for a small fee. Sorry, what was the question again?

Back on topic: The wife of a friend took her van to an exhaust place as it was making a bit of a racket. He told her to ask them to fit a repair kit as he knew they did them for that vehicle.
They told her it needed a full system including the cat "otherwise it could blow the turbo". She relayed this to my mate who suggested they should go fuck themselves as it didn't even have a turbo.

CTID1988 said:
SteWadda said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
I tend to use people I have known for years. I use a local garage that has had plenty of chances to do me over - but never have. They get all my family's business.

Other than that, I now use checkatrade. Sitting in my breakfast room ATM as there is an installer fitting a new fireplace in the lounge that I got from there. In days gone by I would have done most of the work myself as I don't trust most tradesmen but checkatrade hasn't yet let me down

Breakfast Room? A room just for breakfast?

Was thinking the same thing!

In my missus' grans house there is a room referred to as the "drawing room", when i asked why you would have a room just for drawing i was looked at like a twat. Apparantly a lot of people have them!?

Originally called the Drawing room as it was where we gentlemen of standing would "withdraw" to, in order to enjoy a nice cigar away from the ladies following our evening repast.

On topic, my boiler blew up, strangely enough just as my plumber "mate" was fixing it, didn't think anything averse as it was on it's last legs. went into discussions with him on a replacement but thought I'd check with the font of all knowledge that is Bluemoon. Got in touch with Salfordpaul, who, although he didn't have the time to do the job himself gave me some very sound advice which saved me hundreds against what my "mate" wanted and avoided a new boiler that was notorious for breaking down but would have earnt my "mate" a fair few extra quid in call outs. Still had to get my "mate" to do the job, he still ripped me on a few minor things but by then I could see them coming and only let him get away with a quid or two here and there as I needed it done asap.

My ex "mate" is a rag btw.

My mrs had to give up work and claim benefit after 20 years grafting.

The first person she spoke to at the DWP told her she was entitled to nothing and if she didn't agree, get in touch with her MP. IN fact she faced a wall of duff information from those employed to know about this shit for 6 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.