Bad day thats all!

de niro said:
kobe8byrant said:
Fact of the matter is had we hired Mancini from the start of the season, we'd be miles ahead of Chelsea or those inbred lot by now.

It's not Mancini's fault if we can't secure forth spot.

not true but i admire your blind optimism.
we have not yet got the squad to challenge the top clubs, the mind set is'nt there, either by the manager or the players.uniteds second team never looked in danger yesterday.

United's second team? Apart from Ferdinand, that was their first eleven. We all know that Rooney is feigning that fuckin' ankle injury. We matched United in all three matches against them and have outplayed Chelsea who happen to be title leaders.

If Mancini were here since July, there'd be no doubt in my mind we'd be top of the league. And let's face it, if there are any shortcomings in our team, it's not Mancini's signings that he has worked with.

kobe8byrant said:
de niro said:
not true but i admire your blind optimism.
we have not yet got the squad to challenge the top clubs, the mind set is'nt there, either by the manager or the players.uniteds second team never looked in danger yesterday.

United's second team? Apart from Ferdinand, that was their first eleven. We all know that Rooney is feigning that fuckin' ankle injury. We matched United in all three matches against them and have outplayed Chelsea who happen to be title leaders.

If Mancini were here since July, there'd be no doubt in my mind we'd be top of the league. And let's face it, if there are any shortcomings in our team, it's not Mancini's signings that he has worked with.

we lost 3 of the 4 matches against the rags, we were lucky to win the one we did.
in fact had we gone at them we would have been at wembley.

we are just far too negative when it really matters.

bondsman said:
Just a bad day? Behave. Yet again when it mattered we blew it. Since we have become a club of means we have lost every game that really mattered without a whimper. Forrest. Hamburg. United semis. United yesterday. Stoke the list is long. We played the worst united side of the last next decade yesterday with arguably our best side and we bottled it. So frustrating. The only mandate for new players is simple. Buy winners!

And when we have bought the winners? The players such as Ade and Bellers, we were told had the winning mentality. There's more to a football match than sticking on so-called 'winners'. To me you only reach that accolade when they have done it for us. Winning with the Arse, or CFC or MANUre doesn't count. They have to win it for us first. So who do you get? There are a thousand variables in getting a successful CL side - the players, the manager, the club, and the fans are the cornerstones but there's much more to it than that.

We are pretty near making 4th spot or better our own by right. Just needs a little tweaking of the other 996 variables. In the fallout of yesterday, I understand that Cook and Marwood are back at the drawing board and computer simulation.

bondsman said:
Just a bad day? Behave. Yet again when it mattered we blew it. Since we have become a club of means we have lost every game that really mattered without a whimper. Forrest. Hamburg. United semis. United yesterday. Stoke the list is long. We played the worst united side of the last next decade yesterday with arguably our best side and we bottled it. So frustrating. The only mandate for new players is simple. Buy winners!

I find it hard to disagree with this ......

We created little yesterday , we never really 'went for it' , our final ball was always a poor one (barring one Bellamy effort) , and we allowed them to dictate the first half ......... even though they basically had only had one half-fit striker on the field!

We gave the ball away far too much throughout , and this effectively led to their winning goal in the end ...... Johnson was having little effect , leading to him being replaced ...... we could go on and on , but the games gone now.

We never , at any stage , ever really looked like winning it ...... and the sad thing is that we lost it to a side who even , on their own managers admission , never looked like winning it either!!!

de niro said:
kobe8byrant said:

we lost 3 of the 4 matches against the rags, we were lucky to win the one we did.

I agree. Worst feeling I can remember at a match yesterday. People crying even - not something you normally see at City despite the constant let downs.

I'm sure Mancini was trying to urge the players to get forward in the last 10 minutes, but there were two or three occasions when we had good posession and nobody made a forward move - all looking sideways and backwards. I know we defend as a team, but it often seems like everyone is more worried about leaving a gap behind them then actually trying to win the game.

de niro said:
kobe8byrant said:

Michael Owen's goal shouldn't have stood = United won through LUCK
Scholes in the 93rd minute = United won through LUCK

We only lost one game to United this season and even that was due to the players under pressure after Cook's comments. Sure, attribute our win to luck and give them all the credit.

If we didn't have a go at them, how did we score two at Old Trafford while beating them once and almost drawing yesterday. It was bad luck that cost us the defeat yesterday.

mammutly said:
de niro said:

I agree. Worst feeling I can remember at a match yesterday. People crying even - not something you normally see at City despite the constant let downs.

I'm sure Mancini was trying to urge the players to get forward in the last 10 minutes, but there were two or three occasions when we had good posession and nobody made a forward move - all looking sideways and backwards. I know we defend as a team, but it often seems like everyone is more worried about leaving a gap behind them then actually trying to win the game.

It's been a feature of the team since Mancini took over. Without willing runners from midfield, you're not going to break down a decent premiership back four without a piece of luck or a piece of magic...

I really dont know what all the fuss is about.

The only reason people are so miffed at the mo is not because we lost the derby - it is because Spurs unexpectedly won 2 hard games on the trot - thats about it.

We have been lucky recently with them, Liverpool and Villa slipping up - so get real for God's sake - still in our hands at least until next week anyway but I think we will end up having to win the 3 last games - but if Bolton get a scabby draw at Spurs you never know!

kobe8byrant said:
de niro said:

We only lost one game to United this season and even that was due to the players under pressure after Cook's comments. Sure, attribute our win to luck and give them all the credit.

If we didn't have a go at them, how did we score two at Old Trafford while beating them once and almost drawing yesterday. It was bad luck that cost us the defeat yesterday.
whatever you're on i want some:)
at least you are keen.

de niro said:
kobe8byrant said:

whatever you're on i want some:)
at least you are keen.

I wouldn't want anything you're on either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.