Bad karma?

Well, presumably the bank refunded the money spent on their stolen debit card, so strictly speaking it's the bank that ought to get the money to reflect the financial loss.

Hmm.

Who owns the ticket?

Not the robbers
The card holder? (It was their money)
The bank ( Just because they refunded money, does that mean they get to keep any recovered property?)

Hmm.

Who owns the ticket?

Not the robbers
The card holder? (It was their money)
The bank ( Just because they refunded money, does that mean they get to keep any recovered property?)

Well I'd have thought we can't have it both ways here - expecting the bank to refund losses when someone uses a card fraudulently, but then claim winnings from money that hasn't been lost in the first place.

Isn't the bank insured for losses?

Not a clue mate. Don't know how it works at their end.

Well I'd have thought we can't have it both ways here - expecting the bank to refund losses when someone uses a card fraudulently, but then claim winnings from money that hasn't been lost in the first place.

Not a clue mate. Don't know how it works at their end.

I'd say that the ticket is the property of the bank once monies were refunded.

Timing is everything. If the ticket came up before the refund then the card holder will be quids in.

I would say the ticket has been obtained by illegal means and is therefore void. But I'm just making stuff up like everyone else.

P.S, if the criminals that bought the ticket had half a brain between them they would have offered the cardholder 2 mil to play along.

I would say the ticket has been obtained by illegal means and is therefore void. But I'm just making stuff up like everyone else.

P.S, if the criminals that bought the ticket had half a brain between them they would have offered the cardholder 2 mil to play along.

I think that's what's happened isn't it?

It's fun to idly play along with the moral ownership though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.