Bad man management

I know where you're coming from but if you think along the lines of 'Elano already knows what Hughes reaction would be' then it you could see how easy it would be for more city fans to jump on Hughes's back.

Don't get me wrong mate i still don't think Hughes is the right man to man manage superstars, i'm in full agreement but i just wouldn't use Elano as an example for Hughes's man management skills being good or bad. Elano has always had his own agenda and knows how to play to the crowd.....

Smiffy said:
I know where you're coming from but if you think along the lines of 'Elano already knows what Hughes reaction would be' then it you could see how easy it would be for more city fans to jump on Hughes's back.

Don't get me wrong mate i still don't think Hughes is the right man to man manage superstars, i'm in full agreement but i just wouldn't use Elano as an example for Hughes's man management skills being good or bad. Elano has always had his own agenda and knows how to play to the crowd.....

You have a valid point there mate.

Its possible, just possible that Elano wanting a new contract and wishing to stay at MCFC means he is getting on better with MH and putting to rest the public disharmony between the 2.

However MH does need to answer these questions more positivly when interviewed even if its bullshit.
eg "Its great to see Elano wanting to commit his long term future at City"

rastus said:
Its possible, just possible that Elano wanting a new contract and wishing to stay at MCFC means he is getting on better with MH and putting to rest the public disharmony between the 2.

However MH does need to answer these questions more positivly when interviewed even if its bullshit.
eg "Its great to see Elano wanting to commit his long term future at City"

I hope you're right, It would be great for Elano to stay and hopefully he is getting on better with Hughes but with two years left on his contract there would be no need to say anything about a new deal unless he is already surplus to requirements in Hughes eyes. You have to be realistic and say Elano has only played a couple of good games lately and earlier on he can't have cared about our club or our fans when putting in the performances where he didn't seem interested.

Hughes could have chose his words more carefully......so why didn't he? I hope I'm wrong but it seems to me Elano already knows he's going in summer and in asking for a new contract now is one way of stirring a bit more shit before he goes......

The whole thread is wrong, because your only taking a snipped of the interview into account.

HE stated that Elano's contract was low priority this summer, which you have stated. Hughes then also went on to talk about how well he has been performing recently, and how he has been impressed with Elano's workrate etc. Hardly being out of order is he? At least Elano knows where he stands, rather than being constantly told "We'll sort your contract out soon" all summer (without anything being done), like one of our more recent managers used to.

Bluemoon115 said:
The whole thread is wrong, because your only taking a snipped of the interview into account.

HE stated that Elano's contract was low priority this summer, which you have stated. Hughes then also went on to talk about how well he has been performing recently, and how he has been impressed with Elano's workrate etc. Hardly being out of order is he? At least Elano knows where he stands, rather than being constantly told "We'll sort your contract out soon" all summer (without anything being done), like one of our more recent managers used to.

ffs! can't believe i'm agreeing with you (soz blue no offence intended just opinions normally differ)

top post should be end of this thread now!

alextrueblue said:
Bluemoon115 said:

ffs! can't believe i'm agreeing with you (soz blue no offence intended just opinions normally differ)

top post should be end of this thread now!

Haha, no offence taken at all, I know what your saying, I'm like that with a few people on here ;-P

People need to realise that things can change, the most likely thing to have happened is Elano has realised that he is at a club where the fans love him, he is getting picked for Brazil, gets a good wage and is generally doing well. There is no need for him to throw it away because of some stupid spat with a manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.