Badstuber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Anybody can get an International cap. Badstuber is always injured his Wiki page says he's only played 119 times since 2009 that's terrible. I've seen him play a few times and he's never impressed not good enough for where we want to go. We simply need to stop signing players like this.

Yep, German international who plays for Bayern Munich - definitely not our level.

However, his injury record is worse than Kompany's, so I hope we don't go near him.

Exactly. Anybody can get an International cap. Badstuber is always injured his Wiki page says he's only played 119 times since 2009 that's terrible. I've seen him play a few times and he's never impressed not good enough for where we want to go. We simply need to stop signing players like this.

Correct - no one will want to come in Jan on a short team deal - so knee jerk signings now will only complicate matters in the summer. We need long term quality replacements that will form the basis of the side for the next 4 to 5 years.

Forget that. Badstuber ist still trying to make his comeback. Yes, healthy and fit he would be Pep's dreamsigning - but he still works on a stable comeback that he might never make. He is a very big questionmark. He is absolutely world class in passing and positioning - and is tactically very intelligent.

Badstuber is why Demichelis left Bayern. A 20-year-old then that perfectly fit van-Gaals (and Pep's) dream of a left-footed build-up player with fantastic passing skills. Prior to his first ACL in 2012 he was first in the pecking order of the German young defenders - ahead of Hummels and Boateng. But then he had his first ACL - then his second. He came back in Pep's second year, started some matches - then was injured. Came back for the middle of the season and had a longer row of matches - until he had a real big muscle injury in the second match against Porto. Came back last season again - and when he had started to play a couple of matches in a row he broke his ankle.

The problem at Bayern is not to get a new contract - Rummenigge already promised him that. Bayern is very special in giving contracts to players with an injury record - they do not think economically in this especially as Hoeneß is back on the reign. Once family always family.

I could imagine him going to one of the smaller Bundesliga clubs around on loan to get match practice. I think that it is right now about making the last try to get this career running again - if not I think he might quit early and go into coaching.

Correct - no one will want to come in Jan on a short team deal - so knee jerk signings now will only complicate matters in the summer. We need long term quality replacements that will form the basis of the side for the next 4 to 5 years.

Yep...throw 110 million at Southhampton and Bilbao and be done with it.

Question as not seen anything of this guy but surely he's a better left back than Kolarov... Surely??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.