Balkan Boys Too Easy A Target

johnny crossan

It's just too easy to blame our Balkan boys for all our woes. Dzeko & Kolarov weren't even on the pitch yesterday! They have all contributed to our success, particularly Edin, and both Kolarov and Savic have had their moments too. Overall there is a general problem of lack of pace and width with the team and the reality is that none of these three help in that area but singling them out as responsible for our poor form is just unfair. We have to concentrate on our strengths from here on in and that means (among other things) that Richards and Clichy need to attack from the off.

Eh?

Even by your standards JC, this is a strange post!

Blame is not apportioned as to the geography of the players.

What I really dont understand is, on a day like yesterday, why was Richards holding back more than usual?

If it was up to me Clichy and Richards would be going forward all the time, and our holding midfielders (De Jong, Barry, even Milner) would be dropping back to fill the void - as they offer shit offensively anyway.

Another thing - I dont remember Clichy being such a sub-par crosser from his Arsenal days?

EaglesFan said:
What I really dont understand is, on a day like yesterday, why was Richards holding back more than usual?

If it was up to me Clichy and Richards would be going forward all the time, and our holding midfielders (De Jong, Barry, even Milner) would be dropping back to fill the void - as they offer shit offensively anyway.

Because Swansea played with two out and out wingers who went at our full backs on every occasion.

So Richards and Clichy were pinned back. It's called tactics, and Swansea's manager got his spot on, on the day.

Richards did get forward.

He was more willing to shoot than our forwards.

Kolarov is an outstanding attacking left back. The issue is that we need Dzeko in the team to make best use of his crosses. Dzeko doesn't have the pace to run on to Silva's thtough balls so maybe the answer is to play 2 up front away from home

Soulboy said:
EaglesFan said:

Because Swansea played with two out and out wingers who went at our full backs on every occasion.
So Richards and Clichy were pinned back. It's called tactics, and Swansea's manager got his spot on, on the day.
Micah and Gael are our only two players with genuine pace, when both are confronted with wingers the response is for our wide midfield to cover their forward runs as EagleFan correctly points out - easy to say of course and difficult to do when one of them is Sinclair, but his point is well made and the same one has been by many others on this forum who appreciate tactics!

Richard was well forward all game. I can't remember an attack when he wasn't forward to be honest.

johnny crossan said:
Soulboy said:
EaglesFan said:

Micah and Gael are our only two players with genuine pace, when both are confronted with wingers the response is for our wide midfield to cover their forward runs as EagleFan correctly points out - easy to say of course and difficult to do when one of them is Sinclair, but his point is well made and the same one has been by many others on this forum who appreciate tactics!

And what has that got to do with our Balkan contingent?

Already given up on that topic? Don't blame you...

As for our "covering" wide midfielders... yesterday we had none. That's why Swansea dominated play, they had room on the flanks every time they went forward. We were stuck in a narrow 20 yard area in the middle of the pitch throughout most of the game.

That's tactics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.