Balkan Boys Too Easy A Target

Marvin said:
Richards did get forward.

He was more willing to shoot than our forwards.

Kolarov is an outstanding attacking left back. The issue is that we need Dzeko in the team to make best use of his crosses. Dzeko doesn't have the pace to run on to Silva's thtough balls so maybe the answer is to play 2 up front away from home

My problem with Kolarov is not that he isn't a decent attacking option, it's that he's not much of a defensive one. If he were better at beating the fullback in a 1v1 battle, I'd say he'd be one of our answers to the width problem in the midfield/attack.

Soulboy said:
And what has that got to do with our Balkan contingent?

Already given up on that topic? Don't blame you...

As for our "covering" wide midfielders... yesterday we had none. That's why Swansea dominated play, they had room on the flanks every time they went forward. We were stuck in a narrow 20 yard area in the middle of the pitch throughout most of the game.

That's tactics.
Balkan is just a collective noun, a convenient shorthand for the nationality of the three players who get most grief on here.

That's English.

SWP's back said:
Richard was well forward all game. I can't remember an attack when he wasn't forward to be honest.

but never really used as an option...only once when silva put the ball through to him when he had that shot....

I remember him pointing for the ball and starting and braking his run three times at least in 20 seconds...and yaya and silva kept passing the ball between themselves trying to thread it through the middle...

Other than a great example of allitteration, I fail to see any point whatsoever in the OP.
Nobody is specifically targetting the 'Balkan Boys' for yesterday's fiasco.
A cursory glance aroung the forum confirms that pretty much everyone has been blamed,bar the Etihad cleaning staff and the guy on the car park.
Unless the post was referring to the recent civil war.
Truly bizarre,and that takes some doing on here.

He didn't say people were blaming the balkan boys for yesterdays result

what he is saying, is that people have been blaming them as one of the main reasons the team has performed poorly...which he is right to point out is absolute nonsense since kolarov nor dzeko played and we still lost

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Other than a great example of allitteration, I fail to see any point whatsoever in the OP.
Nobody is specifically targetting the 'Balkan Boys' for yesterday's fiasco.
A cursory glance aroung the forum confirms that pretty much everyone has been blamed,bar the Etihad cleaning staff and the guy on the car park.
Unless the post was referring to the recent civil war.
Truly bizarre,and that takes some doing on here.
Thank you for noticing my alliterative efforts N. The post is not just about yesterday, although Savic has been has been singled out as today's whipping boy. Kolarov and Dzeko are also unfairly named on here as the recurring culprits for our poor form. Tito would be turning in his cave at the abuse of his countrymen!

Nothing to do with nationality, all three have been below par this season, savic in particular but grace is given to him for his tender years.
Edin and AK have just been shit.

get_to_the_choppa_baby_profile_page.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.