Balkan Boys Too Easy A Target

Neville Kneville said:
People criticise them mainly when they deserve criticism, which is about 80% of the time they start games ( 95% in Savic's case).
If they play well they get praise, or sometimes even when they don't play well but we win, people don't notice how shit they were & praise them anyway.
So far in their City careers, there are quite a few players we could have signed in place of each of them which would have made us a much stronger squad.
None of them have been worth their transfer fee upto now.

Well, fortunately (at least for those sharing your sentiments on the issue) Dzeko is with one foot out of the door, almost certainly leaving at the end of the season. If we omit English media, Ed is absolutely prised all over the Europe, but most importantly in Spain, Italy and Germany. Milan, Juve, Inter, Real and Bayern, all awaiting (I would bet on exchange with Real (Ighuain-money-Dzeko), but only if Mourinho is to stay with them because he chasing Edin since last season in London and again when he took Inter then Real). This means, it should be easy to sell him or swap him....
Kolarov too can count on his place in Italy, not to mention Barca. Savic is young and very talented, his carrier is safe ...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.castrolfootball.com/article/2012/03/08/DZEKO-ON-THE/BF53F7C2-64BD-11E1-90B1-C56127F8D328.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.castrolfootball.com/article/ ... F8D328.php</a>
Dzeko on the way up
Despite having his fair share of doubters in his first six months with City, Edin Dzeko (5th) continues his progress in the Castrol EDGE Rankings.
The Bosnian striker has really kicked on this season and currently boasts a better minutes per goal ratio than league top scorer Robin van Persie. Edin Dzeko has found the net every 93 minutes this season, compared to 98 minutes for the Dutchman. However, van Persie is a more complete player, having delivered eight assists for his teammates this season as opposed to three for the City forward.
Edin Dzeko has found the net every 93 minutes this season, compared to 98 minutes for Robin van Persie.(...)
(...) Dzeko is the latest City player to make a mark in the Castrol EDGE Rankings along with Joe Hart (56th), now ranked as the top goalkeeper in the top five European leagues. He boasts the most clean sheets (12) and the best saves-to-shots ratio (79%) in the Premier League this season.

He will be an easy sell !

00castrol_rankings_medium_a8b81cdef536cddd0753273048bede2f_resize.jpg

pudge said:
cccc said:
pudge said:
Law of averages

No man I don't buy that. Kolarov is a player who will give you end product - end of.
He will if he tries enough times.

More of his shots and free kicks are off target than on target.

Same goes for his crosses, but to be fair when he gets it right he gets it right! It's just not often enough.

And if you actually watch/attend the matches you cannot say otherwise, sorry.

Mate, you can't score/assist without shooting/passing/crossing.

You can't deny that Kolarov is a productive player. I do agree that he misses more than he scores, but the same could be said of a lot of players, least of all a LB.

cccc said:
pudge said:
cccc said:
No man I don't buy that. Kolarov is a player who will give you end product - end of.

Same goes for his crosses, but to be fair when he gets it right he gets it right! It's just not often enough.

You can't deny that Kolarov is a productive player. I do agree that he misses more than he scores, but the same could be said of a lot of players, least of all a LB.
Yeah, a Left Back who is inept at defending and producing a meaningful/productive cross or shoot once every five or so attempts.

You say he's not as bad as people make out but he's not as good as you make out.

pudge said:
cccc said:
pudge said:

Yeah, a Left Back who is inept at defending and producing a meaningful/productive cross or shoot once every five or so attempts.

You say he's not as bad as people make out but he's not as good as you make out.

I'm not even making him sound good, I'm just saying he gives you end product which you can't argue with his statistics.

He definitely isn't as bad as people make out because they paint him as a pub player.

cccc said:
pudge said:
cccc said:

I'm not even making him sound good, I'm just saying he gives you end product which you can't argue with his statistics.

He definitely isn't as bad as people make out because they paint him as a pub player.
Problem is he doesn't consistently give us an end product which is what i meant by 'law of averages'

Savic is shite don't know how anyone can defend him, players younger than him do a better job and he is has almost fucked up our season single handedly.

Kolarov is shocking defensively and his log range shooting is very annoying but he is effective against smaller teams at home.

In terms of dzeko im not a fan it may well be the way we play but his performances are not good enough and to inconsistent.

Personally the sooner the 3 are gone the better.

pudge said:
cccc said:
pudge said:

Problem is he doesn't consistently give us an end product which is what i meant by 'law of averages'

That's a fair point, but it's difficult to consistently give end product if you're being rotated.

You can't argue with his stats though. Which ever left back has assisted more than him the PL this season?

cccc said:
pudge said:
cccc said:

That's a fair point, but it's difficult to consistently give end product if you're being rotated.

You can't argue with his stats though. Which ever left back has assisted more than him the PL this season?
I mean in the games he plays he isn't consistent. In one game he could have 5 shots all off target then score a free kick, then put 10 balls in the box and one could set up a goal; law of averages.

Also, last time i checked, because i posted it earlier in the season, about 5/6 other left backs have better assist/goal stats e.g. Cole, BAE, etc

pudge said:
cccc said:
pudge said:

I mean in the games he plays he isn't consistent. In one game he could have 5 shots all off target then score a free kick, then put 10 balls in the box and one could set up a goal; law of averages.

Also, last time i checked, because i posted it earlier in the season, about 5/6 other left backs have better assist/goal stats e.g. Cole, BAE, etc

and twice as many games....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.