Balkan Boys Too Easy A Target

cccc said:
pudge said:
cccc said:
By what reasoning is Kolarov a failed signing?
Perhaps because he's a defender who can't defend?

I swear everyone on here makes him seem like a pub player.

He might not be the most solid player at the back, but he's not as terrible as it's been made out.

I would say what he offers going forward makes up for some of the problems he defensively
Sorry but no. When the first, and only, good thing you can say about a defender is his attacking ability then alarm bells should sound.

As a defender at one of the top teams in England he should be able to defend at a good/high level. Unfortunately, he can't.

People criticise them mainly when they deserve criticism, which is about 80% of the time they start games ( 95% in Savic's case).

If they play well they get praise, or sometimes even when they don't play well but we win, people don't notice how shit they were & praise them anyway.

So far in their City careers, there are quite a few players we could have signed in place of each of them which would have made us a much stronger squad.

None of them have been worth their transfer fee upto now.

cccc said:
No17 said:
All three were failed mancini signings that he does not know how to utilize properly...savic has an advantage of being young and still has time to develop, although the other two are not that old either

By what reasoning is Kolarov a failed signing?

by the fact that he's been dog shit.

pudge said:
cccc said:
pudge said:
Perhaps because he's a defender who can't defend?

He might not be the most solid player at the back, but he's not as terrible as it's been made out.

I would say what he offers going forward makes up for some of the problems he defensively
Sorry but no. When the first, and only, good thing you can say about a defender is his attacking ability then alarm bells should sound.

As a defender at one of the top teams in England he should be able to defend at a good/high level. Unfortunately, he can't.

I do agree with what you are saying, he should be better defensively than he is, but there has to be some give and take also - everytime (lets just say majority of times) he plays he is a threat, through a set-piece a shot or a cross. That should count for something.

He's still not as bad defensively as people make out, but then again that's not hard because the overreaction on here about his defending is laughable.

cccc said:
pudge said:
cccc said:

I do agree with what you are saying, he should be better defensively than he is, but there has to be some give and take also - everytime (lets just say majority of times) he plays he is a threat, through a set-piece a shot or a cross. That should count for something.

He's still not as bad defensively as people make out, but then again that's not hard because the overreaction on here about his defending is laughable.
Law of averages

Kolarov is way better than Clichy offensively, Edin better than any other attacker in heading (set pieces). Savić is young, will be better in the future...

Home games

Hart
Richards VK JL Clichy
Milner Yaya Silva Nasri
Mario Kun

Away games
Hart
Richards VK Kolo Kolarov
AJ Silva Yaya Nasri
Edin Kun

JasminBosnia said:
Kolarov is way better than Clichy offensively, Edin better than any other attacker in heading (set pieces). Savić is young, will be better in the future...

Home games

Hart
Richards VK JL Clichy
Milner Yaya Silva Nasri
Mario Kun

Away games
Hart
Richards VK Kolo Kolarov
AJ Silva Yaya Nasri
Edin Kun

We shouldn't change from our team/strongest XI regardless of where or who we are playing.

The strongest XI in my opinion being the 'Home Team' you have, possibly changing Nasri for Gaz Baz (not on the left wing though obviously)

Also, Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov (seeing as their both defenders that is the most important attribute)

Mario and Sergio our better than Edin in most phases of the game (that's not 'hating' that's a fact, sorry)

As for Savic, if you're good enough you're old enough, and he is not good enough.

pudge said:
cccc said:
pudge said:

Law of averages

No man I don't buy that. Kolarov is a player who will give you end product - end of.

cccc said:
pudge said:
cccc said:

Law of averages

No man I don't buy that. Kolarov is a player who will give you end product - end of.
He will if he tries enough times.

More of his shots and free kicks are off target than on target.

Same goes for his crosses, but to be fair when he gets it right he gets it right! It's just not often enough.

And if you actually watch/attend the matches you cannot say otherwise, sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.