Ballet on ice .

img_0642.jpg

By the very brilliant artist Reg Gardner

I know that this is art, and the proportions don’t have to be exactly right, but according to this, the penalty area is about 9 yards out!

I do remember this game, and it probably shouldn’t have been played, you can see that the players couldn’t turn properly, but the quality of our play is astonishing in the conditions. I don’t know if this is a City edit, but the only Spurs attack shown is their goal. If this is a true reflection, it should have been 10!

I was there. Fucking freezing but what a game. City gave Spurs a goal start but turned the game round with a fantastic display that made a mockery of the conditions. How they managed to keep their feet let alone play such exhilarating football was amazing. My mates and I were on a high and we half walked, half slid down Princess Road on our way back to Chorlton. We had two rags with us that day and in fairness they were hugely complimentary about City's performance. On the early evening ad for MOTD Kenneth Wolstenholme urged viewers to tune in, describing it as one of the best ever Matches of the Day. Strangely, at the time it was more often referred to simply as Spurs in the snow rather than the ballet on ice.
I seem to remember Wolstenholme signing off saying "we have just seen the new champions". Coleman back in the studio just scoffed, the rag. See, it happened even then.
The best City game I ever went to, at least my favourite.Kippax rammed. Magic team goal knocked in by Colin .

I seem to remember Wolstenholme signing off saying "we have just seen the new champions". Coleman back in the studio just scoffed, the rag. See, it happened even then.
The best City game I ever went to, at least my favourite.Kippax rammed. Magic team goal knocked in by Colin .

In the early sixties before MANUre had started milking Munich, the meedya dahlings were Haringey. Admittedly they had a superb team but everything was Tottenham, game after game to the point of people complaining that MotD (one match per weekend!) had become The Tottingham Hotspur Show! The BBC buggered off somewhere else that weekend and they got battered 6-2. Wagstaffe and Young were unplayable!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.