Ballet On Ice

Yes 15 at the time went with my mates stood on the Kippax,buses had stopped so we got a trot on from Bell vue dogs Kirky lane.Great season we won the league I went to all home games and most away just started work so always had money.

I went with my dad.. Like Sid C I didn't realise it was an iconic game till years later.
Went on the 53 bus from Cheetham Hill and it was freezing.. Thankfully my dad always took a flask of Oxo.. Warmed me up almost as much as the game.

I was there, on the Kippax as usual.
I lived round the corner so getting there was easy.

I was 13 at the time, in the Platt Lane stand so had a good view of four of the five goals. City players showed incredible balance and ball control on a very dodgy surface (snow on top of ice) that was probably too dangerous to play on in reality. An unforgettable match.

No team had floodlights in the Bury Sunday School league, so we kicked off early at 2.00 pm. On this cold day our game was called off at 1.30 and our manager asked 'anyone fancy going to Maine Road to see how Colin Bell is playing?' Loved it, and have been a fan ever since.

Platt Lane, 11, with my Dad.
Not happy when they scored and then it was showtime.
One of my best memories watching City....

I was there. I remember having to walk to All Saints in the snow to get the 82 bus back to Failsworth as due to the weather there was a shortage of special buses back to town. Two of us who went that day still go the matches together with the local SC. By coincidence we both ended up living up here in Cumbria after all these years. A right pair of glory hunters. Lol.

I was living in Withington at the time ( A brisk walk home no buses) and I remember it being a bit warmer than those pictures portray, fantastic that the internet still has it archived for us FOC's ;)

Yes 15 at the time went with my mates stood on the Kippax,buses had stopped so we got a trot on from Bell vue dogs Kirky lane.Great season we won the league I went to all home games and most away just started work so always had money.
Glad of this post, definitely there but couldn't remember if this were the day the day there were no buses, if so, walked it there and back from The Phoenix, Newton upon the Heath, fair old trek but well worth it, 16 at the time and a damn sight fitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.