Ballet On Ice

I was there , aged 12 first season gong to home matches on regular basis, fell on me arse a few times , went with another lad from gorton John Adams.

Wow that brings back some great memories,what a team what a season.
Unfortunately that was the only home match I missed that season as her indoors at the time insisted we go Christmas shopping,C'est la vie.
The season ticket I had in the Platt Lane Stand at the time cost the princely sum of £6-50,which seems unbelievable now. Although they did put it up to £7-50 the following season {robbing b's}.
Happy Days

I was there. A really memorable game but then again there were quite of little of those during the Mercer-Allison era.

I am not sure that a match today would ever go ahead under such conditions. The team just got on with it. The Spurs team back then would at least let the opposition play. I would not have fancied playing a team like Leeds at a pitch like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.