Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Wrong Argentinian and wrong World Cup
Maradona's 86 WC run is overrated because of the game vs England (he played great vs Belgium too) but he had a couple of games where he did next to nothing. Messi scored and won MOTM every single game in '22 except one.

Forget Messi... that was just a sentimental award for probably his last ever visit to this ceremony

The real winners are City.... best striker in the world award, best club in the world award, 3 of the best 5 players in the world

Who'd 'a' thought that when you were trudging out of the kippax after losing at home to Lincoln City not that many years ago

"NOT IN MY LIFETIME"

Cannavaro won this award because of the World Cup. Were folks really expecting Messi not to win it after playing, arguably, the greatest individual World Cup ever?
Arguably is the word. Mbappe had a better world cup than him, scored a hat trick in the final.
I think even the staunchest Argentinian knows its a load of rubbish, a decision for the Hollywood cameras.
I don't know who is the best but I am certain that Messi wasn't the best player this year.
The Argentinian national team were superb but Messi winning a solo award is plain ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.