Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

It's not quite as bad as that time Giggs won PFA POTY for playing a bit-part in the rags finishing second and getting to the quarter finals of the CL (they'd snatch your hands off for that nowadays, to be fair). But it's still pretty bad.

Haaland should of won it, I don't like the argument even said by Pep that its not bad as Haaland cant win everything to early. He just lost it to a guy who has won 8, their is no reason to believe Haaland would lose his hunger. With the likes of Mbappe and Bellingham around their so no guarantee Haaland wins it in the future.

Just home from work (night shift) and caught BBC Breakfast sports news.
Jude Bellingham wins young Ballon d'Or, with Lionel Messi winning the main award, "with Manchester City's Erling Haaland coming 2nd, and Kylian Mbappe 3rd".
So not much for English football then !
No mention of the 'Team of the Year' !

Can't speak for others, but I'd rather the club wins a trophy than the country.

"lol"
Same here jim were did I mention otherwise lol, I just said if I was a player I'd prefer a world cup winners medal than a champions league one.

Haaland should have won it, I don't like the argument even said by Pep that its not bad as Haaland cant win everything to early. He just lost it to a guy who has won 8, there is no reason to believe Haaland would lose his hunger. With the likes of Mbappe and Bellingham around they’re so no guarantee Haaland wins it in the future.
Last year Benzama won it for winning la Liga & CL. Haaland just unlucky that this was a World Cup year. Having said that, all Messi did was win a handful of games (one on a penalty shoot out). Haaland’s achievements go way beyond that. But he had a lot of involvement last night as did OUR GREAT CLUB.

Man Utd, Liverpool win treble.

Ballon D'or team of Year, 5 players in top 10, prolific scorer and young world star 2nd & wins striker award.

Minimal coverage on bbc football and no pictures.

Most blatant media blackout ever by those bitter journos at Salford.

This has got to be called out. It can not be disputed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.