Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

I m more pissed Alvarez missed out on young player of the year. Disgraceful, now i do like Bellingham but he won nothing this year!!

Abit unfair on Bellingham I mean he did lose the German league on the last day of the season.

Alvarez only won the WC, PL, CL FA Cup, and super cup thingy !

He won trophies with 3 different teams. Best WC ever. Historic 20/20 season in France. Won a tittle with the worst team in the MLS. Had more goal contributions than Haaland. He wasn't shite at all.

Now YOU are being dishonest pal, and you certainly know better.

He didn't have more goal contributions, that is bollocks. They had both sets of nubers (goals and assists) that were used up at the ceremony for both players, and he was a good few behind. He was even behind Mbappe I think. He wasn't the top scorer in any of the competitions he played in.

Haaland broke records and was the top in every one of his. He won the 3 biggest trophies in club football, with record goals. I'm sorry, but even with the world cup, Haaland hands down had the better season, in all competitions.

Messi deserves to be in the conversation, for his world cup contribution. And pure Sentiment.

And that's exactly why he was given it, last chance to wave off an all time great. Just the quirk of timing, and unfortunate that a season that might never be repeated goes unrewarded. But let's not pretend it is anything more than that.

I am confused. Was it awarded for the calendar year 2023? Messi did not win the World cup in 2023 did he?

This award is for individual achievement , Alavarez & Haaland both achieved more than Messi , there is a team award which Argentina competed against us and we won that as well , this award is a popularity contest always has been , poster boys FakeRonaldo and Messi have won it because they are the most bankable asset for football world wide
Neither of these two will win it again and Haaland is the next huge asset , his time will come , this years award was a joke it wasnt judged on individual achievement it was an award for a farewell to a player by dewy eyed journalists remembering a player at his peak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.