Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

The fact there are 7 City players in the list is the reason why 1 of them won't win it.
Vote dispersed.
Sadly this will be given as one of the reasons Haaland never won it

The fact there are 7 City players in the list is the reason why 1 of them won't win it.
Vote dispersed.

Not really how the voting works. Voters can pick all 5 as City players of they want to.

Do the general public get to vote?

No. It is journalists from the top 100 fifa ranked countries. In previous years since 2007, captains and coaches of those countries also voted, but articles this year don't mention that for some reason.

They basically vote their top 5 in order of preference, like one of @BlueHammer85 's threads. With first choice carrying an extra point for good measure, so actually who is put first swings it a lot more.

In reality, voters can vote all 5 as City players if they want to, so the vote split arguement is nonsense. In the same way that arguing Messi being one of 4 Argentinians splits his vote, for example.

No. It is journalists from the top 100 fifa ranked countries. In previous years since 2007, captains and coaches of those countries also voted, but articles this year don't mention that for some reason.

They basically vote their top 5 in order of preference, like one of @BlueHammer85 's threads. With first choice carrying an extra point for good measure, so actually who is put first swings it a lot more.

In reality, voters can vote all 5 as City players if they want to, so the vote split arguement is nonsense. In the same way that arguing Messi being one of 4 Argentinians splits his vote, for example.
I thought they changed it to try and avoid another Messi/Ronaldo situation arising.

They'll obviously know how the various groups voted, and I wonder if journalists were less fanboy or biased towards their friends. There are also changes to the criteria - the player's "career" isn't considered anymore, which also suggests they want more variety.

They probably thought it would mean that they'd get another new winner, but Messi messed things up and won the World Cup.

I thought they changed it to try and avoid another Messi/Ronaldo situation arising.

They'll obviously know how the various groups voted, and I wonder if journalists were less fanboy or biased towards their friends. There are also changes to the criteria - the player's "career" isn't considered anymore, which also suggests they want more variety.

They probably thought it would mean that they'd get another new winner, but Messi messed things up and won the World Cup.

Criteria or not, or whatever leanings they try to push, it is still at the end of the day just a glorified popularity contest. People will vote for who they fancy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.