Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

He won't win it but the start of this season is even more confirmation that it should be Rodri.

Rodri is a victim of the same thing as a lot of ex City players when it comes to these individual awards. He’s just far too much of an uncontroversial normal looking nice lad.

These individual prizes often end up going to the shouty look at me look at me types. Your Ronaldo’s and your Mbappe’s etc.

Same reason Aguero, Silva, even Kev etc never got the wider recognition they deserved.

I’m excluding Messi from any of this as the guy was on such a different level it was like he was playing a whole other sport.

Its being reported that Messi once again (8th time) has won this years Balloon d`Or with the Ladies Spanish Captain has won the Award also in her catagory.
Stinks to me but I suppose with Messi also helping Argentina to a World Cup win then that would have pushed the voting in his favour.
Ah well Haaland will get it one day.

It’s so unfair if true but Messi is greatest player in history but last season Haaland had great season too. I don’t know if Haaland will have a blinder of season again. Like winning World Cup a treble won is same once in lifetime achievement. Too much PR swung it but will wait til it’s official. Still hope Haaland gets it.

Its being reported that Messi once again (8th time) has won this years Balloon d`Or with the Ladies Spanish Captain has won the Award also in her catagory.
Stinks to me but I suppose with Messi also helping Argentina to a World Cup win then that would have pushed the voting in his favour.
Ah well Haaland will get it one day.
Now there's a surprise.

Yep, no chance he was the best performer over the season, but hardly a surprise that they give him another in a WC winning campaign. Has it been officially announced? Coz there's still £100 on offer at 1/25 on betfair, so i'm happy to match that for £400 if it's safe!! edit: £4k, hahaha...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.