Top scorer in Europe
Top scorer in CL
Over 50 goals in all comps
Goal a game for his country
League winner
Cup winner
CL winner

HOW COULD IT BE ANYONE ELSE?

If this award wants to be taken seriously then it can only go to one player, if it goes to somebody who turned up for six weeks then it’s pure tokenism, he played in their league & stunk it out most weeks to stay fit & fresh for the WC, Big Erl turned out every week. I don’t care for these awards, but the players do, and I’m sure he targeted the CL & Ballon d’or when he joined City, every player wants to see their name amongst the greats (discounting likkle Michael) and Haaland will be one of the greats, but you can’t swerve him for nostalgia, if he played for RM Barca or an Italian club there wouldn’t be a conversation. I can see a raft of second places for Haaland to leave him feeling like he can only win it at Madrid, I’d love it if he finished second and just dismissed the award like a Blue Peter badge & not even bother turning up to the ceremony, maybe do a video link with Bernie drinking a brew in the background

Farmers leagues are leagues like Andorra, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein’s national league, where players have real jobs outside of footy and some of them actually are farmers.

This ‘Farmers league’ thing on Twitter where all the foreigners have misinterpreted what we mean by Farmers league is proper annoying.
Liechtenstein don’t have a national league. They do have a Cup competition which is inevitable won by FC Vaduz (who play in the Swiss second tier). Hence Vaduz get to play in the Europa League every year.

Liechtenstein don’t have a national league. They do have a Cup competition which is inevitable won by FC Vaduz (who play in the Swiss second tier). Hence Vaduz get to play in the Europa League every year.
Just looked up their record in Europe - for shits and giggles.
You can imagine my amazement on discovering they made the bloody group stages of the Conference League last year, and they beat Rapid Vienna in the play-off round!!

Top scorer in his league
Top scorer in Europe
Top scorer in CL
Over 50 goals in all comps
Goal a game for his country
League winner
Cup winner
CL winner

HOW COULD IT BE ANYONE ELSE?

If this award wants to be taken seriously then it can only go to one player, if it goes to somebody who turned up for six weeks then it’s pure tokenism, he played in their league & stunk it out most weeks to stay fit & fresh for the WC, Big Erl turned out every week. I don’t care for these awards, but the players do, and I’m sure he targeted the CL & Ballon d’or when he joined City, every player wants to see their name amongst the greats (discounting likkle Michael) and Haaland will be one of the greats, but you can’t swerve him for nostalgia, if he played for RM Barca or an Italian club there wouldn’t be a conversation. I can see a raft of second places for Haaland to leave him feeling like he can only win it at Madrid, I’d love it if he finished second and just dismissed the award like a Blue Peter badge & not even bother turning up to the ceremony, maybe do a video link with Bernie drinking a brew in the background
The greatest player of all time dragging his team to a world cup win at his last attempt is pretty decent too, can't see Haaland being too angry if that's who he loses out to.

Arguably Rodri had the best year as a blue.

Nailed on Messi wins the Balon D'Or , but Haaland has to win the UEFA European Player of the year ,not as prestigious but a fitting accolade for his achievements , he will have to wait 12 months for the Balon D'Or when all the dewy eyed sentimentality for Messi has long disappeared.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.