Ballon D'or 2024

Had to look up how it's judged.

It seems that only a single journalist from each country in the top 100 of the FIFA Men's World Ranking is allowed to vote.

Which I would have thought gives Rodri a good chance of winning.

Had to look up how it's judged.

It seems that only a single journalist from each country in the top 100 of the FIFA Men's World Ranking is allowed to vote.

Which I would have thought gives Rodri a good chance of winning.

I hope Rodri wins. Won't be easy. But he seems to be more appreciated in Europe than in England, if we go by the fact that he was voted best CL player in 2023, best player of the Nation's League finals, and best player of the Euros. If these awards had depended on English pundits, he would have been nowhere near them.

A PR and media driven event with only one outcome. Even the BBC are pushing the Real Madrid rhetoric. The following picture on their home page website with the question "Who will win the ballon d`or?"

Do the Spanish media fawn over City like the UK media does with RM?

ad1a39a0-44d3-11ef-aa4b-fb5e290d435f.jpg.webp
I think you know the answer.

It should be Rodri but no doubt it will be Bellingham due to the PR he gets from the press. Messi nominated again playing in the retirement league is a joke though

I hope Rodri wins. Won't be easy. But he seems to be more appreciated in Europe than in England, if we go by the fact that he was voted best CL player in 2023, best player of the Nation's League finals, and best player of the Euros. If these awards had depended on English pundits, he would have been nowhere near them.
And then hopefully Manchester City player of the year.
Ironic if he wins the Balon D'or but is overlooked by ourselves.

It should be Rodri but no doubt it will be Bellingham due to the PR he gets from the press. Messi nominated again playing in the retirement league is a joke though

The press? The award is not decided by English media. Vinicius is a more serious candidate than Bellingham. Unlike Bellingham, Vinicius was decisive in the CL. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see Vinicius was on a different level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.