Ballon d'Or Top Three

This Neuer who's in the frame, is this the goalie that let Aguero shove three past him the other week?

Ancient Citizen said:
This Neuer who's in the frame, is this the goalie that let Aguero shove three past him the other week?

That's the Man(n).

Best striker one-on-one three times with the best 'keeper.

KippaxCitizen said:
I think Robben has been the best outfield player in the last year. He's taken his game to another level now under Guardiola.
If it was the Tom Daley golden globe for the best airborne pirouette he'd absolutely piss it.

Ancient Citizen said:
KippaxCitizen said:
I think Robben has been the best outfield player in the last year. He's taken his game to another level now under Guardiola.
If it was the Tom Daley golden globe for the best airborne pirouette he'd absolutely piss it.
Guardiola has done nothing for Robben's game. He has always been that good. At Madrid they claimed he was the best player in the world and in 2010 only Sneijder was better. Robben has always been an incredible player and only Messi/Ronaldo and possibly Xavi can claim to have been better.

As for the Ballon d'Or I would say that Messi is the one that deserves to miss out. Messi ended the year trophiless. I would give it to Neuer, who was fantastic all season and at the world cup winning the tournament. With Robben or Ronaldo coming after them.

Robben and Ribery have been immense for years, Bayern will miss them dearly as they age. The prototypical modern day winger; both can finish, play through balls, searing pace, great dribbling and crosses.

NoahCity said:
Robben and Ribery have been immense for years, Bayern will miss them dearly as they age. The prototypical modern day winger; both can finish, play through balls, searing pace, great dribbling and crosses.
Very true. It depends on who they replace them with. Bayern are going to have to replace a lot of players that are genuinely the best in the world at their position like Rbery, Schweinsteiger and Lahm, Robben. If they get Reus then they will just be the new Dortmund with Reus, Gotze, Lewandowski and Muller(Kuba being replaced and upgraded). I am not convinced by Guardiola's signings so far. Lewandowski and Gotze were board signings; Thiago, Bernat and Reina were poor signings. Alonso was very good, but it's short term and Benatia has been decent enough.

It's a shame Ribery did not win the world player of the year last time.

Ban-jani said:
HolisticJim said:
Durham was just saying on Talksport that the keepers should have a seperate ballon d'or and I whole heartedly agree.
Meow can you compate a footballer like Messi with a keeper which mostly uses his hands and reflexes.
Keepers should have a seperate award imho.

I'm not sure,

that idea might put the cat among the pigeons.

Criminally overlooked.

Or have I just let the cat out of the bag?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.