Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

Andouble said:
you can bet the mortgage Mancini will go for the quite conservative Yaya, De Jong, Barry, Milner, Silva midfield

Who will they be up against? Park, Giggs, Fletcher, Scholes & O'Shea?

I'd hope our conservative line up could win the battle, dominate possession (something we've not done for decades against United even when we've won 4-1 or 5-1) and for Silva to provide the magic.

How on Earth can we accept the red card but not the automatic punishment...?

Expect another game to be added to the list for a frivolous appeal.

FFS

Re: Balo's out for wednesday

glen quagmire said:
Johnny it said on SSN that Balo's accepted that the challenge merited a second yellow, he is appealing THE THREE MATCH BAN. So To clarify he is NOT available for selection v the rags.

don't understand, why does he not just claim the ref got it wrong, no card justified on account of the opponent trying to strangle his leg + direct conflict between OS and Sky "Mario Balotelli has accepted his red card against West Brom but will contest the automatic three-match ban."

BlueSniffer said:
glen quagmire said:
He's 'accepted' the red as a second yellow, but is appealing the 3 match ban for a straight red.

source:SSN.

I can't see how thsi makes sense. Admitting a 2nd yellow for what, violent conduct? Therefore it's a red. Surely the club would object to a second booking all together.

Really can't see a decision in our favour.

Arent they saying that it wasnt violent conduct? Just that he fouled the WBA player when freeing his leg?

cibaman said:
Andouble said:
you can bet the mortgage Mancini will go for the quite conservative Yaya, De Jong, Barry, Milner, Silva midfield

I'd hope our conservative line up could win the battle, dominate possession (something we've not done for decades against United even when we've won 4-1 or 5-1) and for Silva to provide the magic.

on paper we have the better midfield but I just can't quite believe it until they actually outplay Scholes, Giggs, and Fletcher in a derby. They always rise to the occasion against us and I hope our midfield does the same Wednesday.

Andouble said:
cibaman said:

on paper we have the better midfield but I just can't quite believe it until they actually outplay Scholes, Giggs, and Fletcher in a derby. They always rise to the occasion against us and I hope our midfield does the same Wednesday.

I dont think they always rise to the occasion. What they have is an ingrained passing system that allows them to keep possession even when they aren't playing well. I think our current midfield is better suited to match or beat them at that than at any time since the 70's.

I really don't get this at all. Why has the club not appealed fully ? Do they not see this as an important game on Wednesday ? Do they think we can do without him or has he picked up a knock ? The Derby is obviously more important to me than it is the some at the club

cibaman said:
Andouble said:

Bebe???

Hamann Pineapple said:
I really don't get this at all. Why has the club not appealed fully ? Do they not see this as an important game on Wednesday ? Do they think we can do without him or has he picked up a knock ? The Derby is obviously more important to me than it is the some at the club

Who says the club havent ?? I believe whats on the os not sky sports

1.618034 said:
How on Earth can we accept the red card but not the automatic punishment...?

Expect another game to be added to the list for a frivolous appeal.

FFS

it says on the official MCFC website that we are appealing the red card for violent conduct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.