Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

to be honest i would love mario to play on wed,but could you imagine the absaloute carnage he would cause during the match,he was doing propa mental things in the milan derby last year and nearly caused a riot because of his constant show boating and jesturing to ac milan fans lol and he even supports the team he was doing all this to.

stareaglecrest said:
to be honest i would love mario to play on wed,but could you imagine the absaloute carnage he would cause during the match,he was doing propa mental things in the milan derby last year and nearly caused a riot because of his constant show boating and jesturing to ac milan fans lol and he even supports the team he was doing all this to.

Balotelli would make this game exciting, he would definetly clash with the man u players. As a neutral Im sad he's missing the game, for the safety of everyone, maybe its good idea he is missing this game

gooney said:
stareaglecrest said:

Balotelli would make this game exciting, he would definetly clash with the man u players. As a neutral Im sad he's missing the game, for the safety of everyone, maybe its good idea he is missing this game

nah, I reckon playing would be the best way to understand the rivalry.

He'd put the fear of god into them...

He's such a talent and a liability at the same time. Never a dull moment. No such thing as a boring Derby and you know he'd make sure.

I fear the straight red after the yellow will be upheld and he'll be off for 4 games an miss the derby as the appeal is being held on Tuesday. Hope I'm wrong though as it would be great to have him on the pitch.

The fourth game is at Stoke. They are the most intimidating fans in the Premiership. Cannot wait to see how Mario annoys them, if his ban is not extended.

Chippy_boy said:
Just got in from work so sorry if I have missed this...

But why on earth have we appealed already??? Now the FA will meet tomorrow and turn down the appeal. 100% guaranteed.

I seem to remember duck face appealed on the day of the City - United Carling Cup game, thereby guaranteeing he played in the game and the appeal had to be heard afterwards. His appeal was turned down, but the damage was done and he played in the game.

Why aren't we appealing tomorrow or Wednesday???
Because we had to appeal by 1pm the day after the game. This isn't a change in the rules or favourtism towards United; the Ferdinand situation can't be compared to Balotelli's situation because he was never sent off in the game. This meant that a panel was formed on the Monday to assess the incident, he was charged on Monday evening, given 48 hours to respond to the charge (i.e. Wednesday 6pm - 2 hours before the game) and had his hearing on the Thursday. And remember, his ban was extended because the FA recognised that United had played to the letter of the law rather than its spirit.

There is no conspiracy; that's the standard procedure when a referee misses something and the FA decide to charge the player, and this is the standard procedure when a player is sent off and wants to appeal ahead of a midweek fixture.

All media outlets are reporting he/city have accepted the red card and are only appealing the length of the ban. As we are not appealing the red card, Balo won't get a 4th game ban as it's not frivolous.

So it's either going to be a 1 or 3 game ban

clubfoot said:
All media outlets are reporting he/city have accepted the red card and are only appealing the length of the ban. As we are not appealing the red card, Balo won't get a 4th game ban as it's not frivolous.

So it's either going to be a 1 or 3 game ban

But on the City website it says we are appealing against the red card.

Nothing about accepting it and just appealing the length of the ban.

Dubai Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
Just got in from work so sorry if I have missed this...

But why on earth have we appealed already??? Now the FA will meet tomorrow and turn down the appeal. 100% guaranteed.

I seem to remember duck face appealed on the day of the City - United Carling Cup game, thereby guaranteeing he played in the game and the appeal had to be heard afterwards. His appeal was turned down, but the damage was done and he played in the game.

Why aren't we appealing tomorrow or Wednesday???
Because we had to appeal by 1pm the day after the game. This isn't a change in the rules or favourtism towards United; the Ferdinand situation can't be compared to Balotelli's situation because he was never sent off in the game. This meant that a panel was formed on the Monday to assess the incident, he was charged on Monday evening, given 48 hours to respond to the charge (i.e. Wednesday 6pm - 2 hours before the game) and had his hearing on the Thursday. And remember, his ban was extended because the FA recognised that United had played to the letter of the law rather than its spirit.

There is no conspiracy; that's the standard procedure when a referee misses something and the FA decide to charge the player, and this is the standard procedure when a player is sent off and wants to appeal ahead of a midweek fixture.

Fair enough. I couldn't remember the details of the duck face situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.