Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Vienna_70 said:
clubfoot said:
All media outlets are reporting he/city have accepted the red card and are only appealing the length of the ban. As we are not appealing the red card, Balo won't get a 4th game ban as it's not frivolous.

So it's either going to be a 1 or 3 game ban

But on the City website it says we are appealing against the red card.

Nothing about accepting it and just appealing the length of the ban.

For what it's worth my take is that SSN etc are talking out of their asses and it's a 'normal' appeal.

I doubt we'll win but if we do Super Mario for the derby.

well lets hope that City take a vid of Huddlestones stamp to use as a benchmark. ;)

clubfoot said:
All media outlets are reporting he/city have accepted the red card and are only appealing the length of the ban. As we are not appealing the red card, Balo won't get a 4th game ban as it's not frivolous.

So it's either going to be a 1 or 3 game ban

This isn't the case, not 'all' media outlets. The BBC, as highlighted very early on in the thread have been reporting this; "Manchester City have denied they have accepted Mario Balotelli's sending-off at West Brom and insist they still hope the decision will be overturned."
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9165018.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 165018.stm</a>

Furthermore, the club states this, "Club appeals against Balotelli's red card".
<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/November/Balotelli-appeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/N ... lli-appeal</a>

I think the confusion is probably due to a misinterpretation by a journalist of the information that appeared on the fa website.

I must admit I've got mixed feelings on this. I cant help but think that a 3 match ban might do him the world of good. You can argue all day over whether he deserved a red card for this incident, but he's been deservedly getting cards at an alarming rate.

Mancini was going to take him off before the incident. I cant believe that was for football or tactical reasons, he knew he was likely to pick up a second card, He'd gone from being a major asset to a liability.

I know he's young and people will argue he will grow out of this but perhaps a ban would help that process?

cibaman said:
I must admit I've got mixed feelings on this. I cant help but think that a 3 match ban might do him the world of good. You can argue all day over whether he deserved a red card for this incident, but he's been deservedly getting cards at an alarming rate.

Mancini was going to take him off before the incident. I cant believe that was for football or tactical reasons, he knew he was likely to pick up a second card, He'd gone from being a major asset to a liability.

I know he's young and people will argue he will grow out of this but perhaps a ban would help that process?

it was for rest him for the derby imo

samharris said:
well lets hope that City take a vid of Huddlestones stamp to use as a benchmark. ;)

Not to mention Wilshire's 20 yard two footed studs up slide "tackle".

He should change sports and enter in the Luge - he has the feet and body position down to a tee!

Mancio said:
cibaman said:

it was for rest him for the derby imo

I'm with cibaman on this one. Balotelli looked like he was losing his head more with every passing second and certainly, at the time, I assumed Mancini was going to take him off for his own good, before he got sent off.

From the FA.com no time mentioned
The FA
Claim made against Balotelli suspension

Monday, 08 November, 2010

Man City believe three-match suspension is excessive.
The FA can confirm that Manchester City FC have today submitted a claim that, following the dismissal of Mario Balotelli for violent conduct, the standard punishment of an automatic three-match suspension is clearly excessive.

Balotelli was sent off in his side’s fixture against West Bromwich Albion FC on 7 November.

The claim will be heard by an Independent Regulatory Commission on Tuesday 9 November.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.