Balotelli Apology

EaglesFan said:
twinkletoes said:
How about comparing Dzeko and Balotelli.

One regarded as a failure and one lauded as a flawed genius.

One of the reasons Dzeko is a "failure" at City is Mancini's infatuation with Balotelli.

Dzeko IMO never got a real chance, cause form or no form - he would take a seat for Roberto's project, even when Balotelli did not deserve it.

Dzeko sat silently (and still does) but I think to whole thing got to him - and it did reflect on the pitch. .

I also said back in January that Roberto's unreasonable favoring of Balotelli would cost him his job at City - and it remains to be seen but looks like I will end up being right on that one.

You do realise that Dzeko has started more games than Balotelli, made more appearances and played more minutes. Balotelli has been in the team, by and large, because he's deserved to be.

twinkletoes said:
pudge said:
twinkletoes said:
So if Dzeko took the penalties that Balotelli took, he would miss them all?
Where did I say that?

I dont think I said you had said it. I asked a question.

-- Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:58 pm --

pudge said:
Bosno said:
Pudge stop acting like you don't know what he is trying to say. Everyone knows that penalties are supposed to be 99% goal chances and so open play goals are harder to score. Having said this all of Dzeko's goals are from open play. That is why when you look at most goal stats it notes how many of those goals are from penalties.
What?

He claimed, that I claimed, Dzeko would miss all the penalties that Mario has scored. Which I didn't.

What I AM claiming is that you can't disregard penalties scored as the player still has to score them.

How many times has Dzeko been sent off?

i dont think thats a fair comparison because dzecko doesnt track back or tackle...further to that neither does aguero, AJ or nasri......so basically balo is pretty much the only forward player that doesnt mind tracking back and putting his foot in.

if we had players who didnt shit out of challenges then we might have a few more booked

It's fair enough that a discussion on Balotelli's apology has changed to the player himself and his performances.

But how does a discussion regarding the penalties he's scored change to false claims of players making it clear he's the "teacher's pet" to how many times Dzeko has been sent off and whether he would score/miss the penalties Mario has taken?

And before some posters say, I wasn't responsible for any of the tangents mentioned above.

moomba said:
EaglesFan said:
twinkletoes said:
How about comparing Dzeko and Balotelli.

One regarded as a failure and one lauded as a flawed genius.

One of the reasons Dzeko is a "failure" at City is Mancini's infatuation with Balotelli.

Dzeko IMO never got a real chance, cause form or no form - he would take a seat for Roberto's project, even when Balotelli did not deserve it.

Dzeko sat silently (and still does) but I think to whole thing got to him - and it did reflect on the pitch. .

I also said back in January that Roberto's unreasonable favoring of Balotelli would cost him his job at City - and it remains to be seen but looks like I will end up being right on that one.

You do realise that Dzeko has started more games than Balotelli, made more appearances and played more minutes. Balotelli has been in the team, by and large, because he's deserved to be.
compare this to how many games Mario has missed through suspensions which has made Dzeko start. Also i think Mancini has had it in for Edin since that night in Bayern Munich so it is no suprize Dzeko has lost form when you consider how differently he gets treated to Mario who constantly takes the piss out of the club but seems to get away with it.

pudge said:
It's fair enough that a discussion on Balotelli's apology has changed to the player himself and his performances.

But how does a discussion regarding the penalties he's scored change to false claims of players making it clear he's the "teacher's pet" to how many times Dzeko has been sent off and whether he would score/miss the penalties Mario has taken?

It's really very simple. Theres's a hell of a lot of people on this forum who have been saying for months that it's unfair that Mario, someone who's attitude on the pitch can stink at times, and someone who it's fair to say has been in very poor form for quite some time now, starts week in and week out whilst Dzeko seemingly hasn't been given a proper chance in the first team since last year. That's where the "teacher's pet" thing comes from, and that's also why when people hold up Balo's goal scoring record as some sort of vindication of his talent, those who questioned his involvement in the first team (last face it we can use the past tense now as there's fuck all chance of him playing again this season) question that particular record by asking how many were penalties.

Every thread on Balo for weeks now has been the same few arguments going round and round with neither side giving much ground. I'm surprised though that there's so many who are still so quick to defend him. I thought at the time of his challenge on Song, and think now, that it was the act of a man who wants out of City. I sort of transfer request by proxy. You can disagree, that's your prerogative, but my opinion is that irrespective of how good we think he can be and how much we may like to see him develop here, he wants to go home.

BillyShears said:
pudge said:

It's really very simple. Theres's a hell of a lot of people on this forum who have been saying for months that it's unfair that Mario, someone who's attitude on the pitch can stink at times, and someone who it's fair to say has been in very poor form for quite some time now, starts week in and week out whilst Dzeko seemingly hasn't been given a proper chance in the first team since last year. That's where the "teacher's pet" thing comes from, and that's also why when people hold up Balo's goal scoring record as some sort of vindication of his talent, those who questioned his involvement in the first team (last face it we can use the past tense now as there's fuck all chance of him playing again this season) question that particular record by asking how many were penalties.

Every thread on Balo for weeks now has been the same few arguments going round and round with neither side giving much ground. I'm surprised though that there's so many who are still so quick to defend him. I thought at the time of his challenge on Song, and think now, that it was the act of a man who wants out of City. I sort of transfer request by proxy. You can disagree, that's your prerogative, but my opinion is that irrespective of how good we think he can be and how much we may like to see him develop here, he wants to go home.
I still don't see how the subject of how many red cards Dzeko's got or whether he would score/miss Mario's penalties gets brought up in discussion in a 'Balotelli' thread?

BillyShears said:
pudge said:

Now THIS is a point worth a discussion!

Does Mario want out??

To me it seems more and more that he does, regardless of what he says during interviews, of course. To me suspicions were raised by him attending Inter's press conference, going there on other occasions...

For example, he IS a nutcase - but to have 4 studs-up tackles in one game like he did against Arsenal - he is not THAT stupid. I think he did it on purpose.

Then I might be wrong...but I do have that feeling....and as I said, that might be something worth talking about, rather than endlessly comparing Dzeko in Mario...as in perfect world they'd both be kickin' it together.

he said sorry is that gonna make ity all better for us no !!!!!!!!!!!!
but next seson i have no worrys in saying we are gonna win !!!!!!!!!!!
united had this problem they found it hard.on the first half the seson it was brill good and on the second bad but then the next year it was TOP OF THE LEAGE thats were we will be . trust me blues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Balti said:
I accept your apology Mario.

Now grow up ffs.
It would be a shame if he did, after he fucks off back to Milan.

It's such a fucking waste and pretty sad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.