Balotelli (continued - bust up with Mancini pg 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
city91 said:
Davs 19 said:
city91 said:
I don't see it, I think we have to accept Mario will never change however the next club he plays for will play to his strengths and he will start banging goals in for fun. Anelka messed his career up at an early age and was using clubs like us and Bolton as a stepping stone to another top club. Mario will go to another top club from us and will shine at them.

Really messed up his career didn't he ?

Career honours

[edit]Club
Arsenal
FA Premier League: 1998
FA Cup: 1998
FA Charity Shield: 1998
Real Madrid
UEFA Champions League: 2000
PSG
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2001
Fenerbahçe
Süper Lig: 2005
Chelsea
FA Cup (2): 2009, 2010
FA Community Shield: 2009
FA Premier League: 2010
[edit]Country
France
UEFA U-18 European Football Championship: 1997
UEFA European Football Championship: 2000
FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001
[edit]Individual
Premier League Player of the Month (2): February 1999, November 2008
PFA Team of the Year (2): 1999, 2009
Barclays Golden Boot: 2008–09
PFA Young Player of the Year: 1999
FA Cup Top Scorer: 2009
Scored a total of more than 100 goals in the Premier League
[edit]

The lad must be gutted.

I don't get what you are trying to prove by this. I am pointing out that Anelka was one of the best young strikers in Europe at the start of his career as shown by playing for the likes of Real Madrid and Arsenal. Then he lost his way a bit and or slightly messed his career up by ending up at a club like us at the time and the likes of clubs like Bolton and Fenebache before recapturing his true form and ending up at another top European club at Chelsea.

Surely you can see there is a massive difference between playing for major European clubs like Arsenal and Madrid to City and Bolton.

Off course I can mate. I'm suggesting that he took the right/available choices in a carefully managed career and ended up with a medal cabinet that would be the envy of most.

While I wish Mario all the best, I doubt he'll have the career that Anelkas had in terms of longevity and consistent high level performance. I'm not particularly Anelka fan BTW.................

Davs 19 said:
city91 said:
Davs 19 said:
Really messed up his career didn't he ?

Career honours

[edit]Club
Arsenal
FA Premier League: 1998
FA Cup: 1998
FA Charity Shield: 1998
Real Madrid
UEFA Champions League: 2000
PSG
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2001
Fenerbahçe
Süper Lig: 2005
Chelsea
FA Cup (2): 2009, 2010
FA Community Shield: 2009
FA Premier League: 2010
[edit]Country
France
UEFA U-18 European Football Championship: 1997
UEFA European Football Championship: 2000
FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001
[edit]Individual
Premier League Player of the Month (2): February 1999, November 2008
PFA Team of the Year (2): 1999, 2009
Barclays Golden Boot: 2008–09
PFA Young Player of the Year: 1999
FA Cup Top Scorer: 2009
Scored a total of more than 100 goals in the Premier League
[edit]

The lad must be gutted.

I don't get what you are trying to prove by this. I am pointing out that Anelka was one of the best young strikers in Europe at the start of his career as shown by playing for the likes of Real Madrid and Arsenal. Then he lost his way a bit and or slightly messed his career up by ending up at a club like us at the time and the likes of clubs like Bolton and Fenebache before recapturing his true form and ending up at another top European club at Chelsea.

Surely you can see there is a massive difference between playing for major European clubs like Arsenal and Madrid to City and Bolton.

Off course I can mate. I'm suggesting that he took the right/available choices in a carefully managed career and ended up with a medal cabinet that would be the envy of most.

While I wish Mario all the best, I doubt he'll have the career that Anelkas had in terms of longevity and consistent high level performance. I'm not particularly Anelka fan BTW.................

I wouldn't of said Anelka had a carefully managed Career but that's just my opinion. Top players stay at top clubs all their careers not move to average clubs at the key stages of their careers.

And Mario already has a trophy cabinet that is the envy of most but then again so does John O'Shea.

I just look at the options open to Mario in Italy and that alone tells me that he will never move clubs like Anelka. AC Milan would be their team around Mario and IMO he would fulfill his potential there.

city91 said:
Ray78 said:
city91 said:
When has Mario had a solid run in the team?

And there has been many a times Tevez and Aguero haven't shown consistency but they still get picked.

Injuries and suspensions have put paid to that. Both Tevez and Aguero have shown that if they were having a poor game then they still show the application and work-rate.

Mario has also shown an improved work rate this season and is also a more out and out striker than both Tevez and Aguero.

It seems like there are some so called City fans these days who can't wait to stick the boot into Mario. There are only two times that I have genuinely been disappointed with Mario whilst he has played for us and that was his Red cards against Arsenal and Dynamo Kiev. The rest is mainly just a load of bull shit media stories which are well over exaggerated.

And going back to Mario's form, when he has a bad game we should all get behind him rather than having a pop at the lad. Aguero has been off form all season (apart from the last few games), Tevez pissed off for 6 month, the majority of times Edin has started for us he has looked like a poor Dean Windass, Silva had a wank 2nd half to last season.

It just seems when players like Aguero, Silva, Vinny, Hart and Yaya have a bad game they can be excused and do no wrong. But when Balo, Dzeko or Nasri have a poor game we should get rid.

I am not sticking the boot in Balo, I just don't buy into hype that surrounds him. He will become a good player, but not a top quality player.

TCIB said:
city91 said:
Mario has also shown an improved work rate this season

He has already been removed from the squad this season for lack of application in training so thats complete rubbish.

Everytime Mario has player for us this season I have seen an improved work rate. He tracks back a lot more and makes a lot more off the ball runs. And again I highly doubt Mancini would drop Yaya or Vinny for that reason it is just Bobby being extra strict with Mario.

Also even if Mario was giving 110% in training he still wouldn't get a solid starting place due to the fact we have 4 quality strikers and this is Mancini's fault. Same way as if Scott Sinclair was the hardest trainer would he be guaranteed to start?

Didsbury Dave said:
Rascal said:
waspish said:
For me Balotelli will never reach the echelons of a "great" footballer because by the time he want to become one he'll be a few years from retirement and that what Mancini sees that's why he's so frustrated with him what a waste

How many world footballers have been great at 22

How many people great at anything were great at 22

Because they kick a ball they should be is just plain idiotic
I'd say all of them.
How many 22 year old world great footballers are about now?

Bwahahaha, Gazzetta saying Milan will offer nearly £30million for Mario. If only that were true...

smithy167 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Rascal said:
How many world footballers have been great at 22

How many people great at anything were great at 22

Because they kick a ball they should be is just plain idiotic
I'd say all of them.
How many 22 year old world great footballers are about now?

Pretty few of them, none of them was hyped to sky since they were 17 and earned their place through dedication and good football played on the pitch.

Not sure any of them is on Mario's wages though and Mario is on that wages for 2.5 years already. It's not a youngster and potential wages though, it's finish product's one and people who are mentioning his ages all the time somehow forget that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.