Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
simon23 said:
the vchallenge on song wasnt good......but it wasnt deliberate....it was a badly mistimed tackle from a centre forward...again look a the difference in treatment he gets compared to scholes who has made a habit of doing it every game he has ever played for utd, he even did it yesterday and was only on the pitch 10 mins!!!!!......Stevie G (another media darling ) consistantly made tackles far worse than that one when he was younger........is that used against him by his own fans or by the pundits/media......

so how exactly is this equal treatment.....

Balo has done nothing out of the ordinary (for a pro footballer) that deserves all this negative press....he maybe more flamboyant on and off the pitch than most (crazy haristyles, car designs and clothes etc) but this is no reason to treat him the way he has been treated.

I saw a player in one of the games yesterday try to make a flick just lioke balo did int he derby and again it didnt come off...did he get the same reaction fromhis own fans/the press highlighting his managers reaction to it as they did with Balotelli....NO!!!!

The saddest thing about all of this is that it is all so predictable....a few days before his arrival at the club i predicted he would be public enemy number one with the press and they would hound him out and turn his own "fans" against him.......some people are so easily led. There have ben poor performances this season I fully agree ...BUT the whole team has been under par...numerous players not playing well YET he is the only one consistantly highlighted but the media.....agero off form, garica playing awful, yaya no where near his best, even kompnay making mistakes.

Leave the lad alone...he is 22 and has so much time to develop and we can afford himt hat time...we have 3 other quality strikers to move in and out of the team and give mario time to develop...it isnt a crucial position for us as we have so much quality in tat area already.

Just watch him with your own eyes when he next plays.....wathc his movement off the ball, watch his link up play and his one touch passing, watch his movement in the box....AND TURN OFF THE COMMENTARY!!!!! dopnt listen to any of the pre match/ half time/ full time "analysis" by the supposed experts (who arent experts at all...they are ex players BUT this does not make them experts by any means)..infact Ive never heard anyone of them in over 30 years of watching football tell me something that I havent already known from watching a game..but i do hear them come up with the same old cliches time and time again and the same old tired analysis again and again which is usually extremely basic and sometimes wrong.....

case in point.....one of the common phrases hansen uses..."he was entitled to go down...in other words what he is saying he is entitled to be cheating.....why is someone entitled to fall over if touched...you fall over IF you cannt keep your balance not because u feel someones arm/hand in your back and you decide to throw yourself to the ground....these idiots havent a clue about football tactics or hpow to analyse a game.....!!!!!!!
Right so the stomp on Parker wasnt deliberate, the awful tackle on Sangna which could have broke his leg was just mistimed what about this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUc48x8Skx8[/youtube]

you can make all the excuses you want about him the fact is the majority of games hes played he has underperformed in thats why he gets criticised.

criticise him for his performancers by all means when he plays badly...bt do so for other players...have you criticisd silva for not tracking roone for the second goal vs utd? what made it worse was bary was even pointing rooney out to silva telling him thats your man as he was going outt o cover the fullback.....and still he didnt track him.

as for the video evidence...look at where the ball is bouncing and look where marios boot comes down...the same place but seconds after the ball has gone.....dangerous and mistimed yes...deliberate no.....how could he stop his momentum?...he is in the air and therefore impossible......he wouild qucikly get criticised and lambasted byut the crowd for being lazy if he wasnt trying to close down defenders..damned if he does, damned f he doesnt.....oh and aguero got booked for fouling a player at the weekend with a poorly badly timed challenge...if he does it again and gets sent off does he start to get the same treatment? what about about both barry gettting a one match ban for something AFTER the game (something completely avoidable and pointless)...does he get the same treatment from you and other fans.....

Im not sayin mario doesnt make poor challenges...he clearly does....im debating the "deliberate part"....and im debating the fact that what he does is higlighted far more than what others do (even when it is similar or on a more regualr basis ....)

simon23 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
simon23 said:
the vchallenge on song wasnt good......but it wasnt deliberate....it was a badly mistimed tackle from a centre forward...again look a the difference in treatment he gets compared to scholes who has made a habit of doing it every game he has ever played for utd, he even did it yesterday and was only on the pitch 10 mins!!!!!......Stevie G (another media darling ) consistantly made tackles far worse than that one when he was younger........is that used against him by his own fans or by the pundits/media......

Balo has done nothing out of the ordinary (for a pro footballer) that deserves all this negative press....he maybe more flamboyant on and off the pitch than most (crazy haristyles, car designs and clothes etc) but this is no reason to treat him the way he has been treated.

I saw a player in one of the games yesterday try to make a flick just lioke balo did int he derby and again it didnt come off...did he get the same reaction fromhis own fans/the press highlighting his managers reaction to it as they did with Balotelli....NO!!!!

The saddest thing about all of this is that it is all so predictable....a few days before his arrival at the club i predicted he would be public enemy number one with the press and they would hound him out and turn his own "fans" against him.......some people are so easily led. There have ben poor performances this season I fully agree ...BUT the whole team has been under par...numerous players not playing well YET he is the only one consistantly highlighted but the media.....agero off form, garica playing awful, yaya no where near his best, even kompnay making mistakes.

Leave the lad alone...he is 22 and has so much time to develop and we can afford himt hat time...we have 3 other quality strikers to move in and out of the team and give mario time to develop...it isnt a crucial position for us as we have so much quality in tat area already.

Just watch him with your own eyes when he next plays.....wathc his movement off the ball, watch his link up play and his one touch passing, watch his movement in the box....AND TURN OFF THE COMMENTARY!!!!! dopnt listen to any of the pre match/ half time/ full time "analysis" by the supposed experts (who arent experts at all...they are ex players BUT this does not make them experts by any means)..infact Ive never heard anyone of them in over 30 years of watching football tell me something that I havent already known from watching a game..but i do hear them come up with the same old cliches time and time again and the same old tired analysis again and again which is usually extremely basic and sometimes wrong.....

case in point.....one of the common phrases hansen uses..."he was entitled to go down...in other words what he is saying he is entitled to be cheating.....why is someone entitled to fall over if touched...you fall over IF you cannt keep your balance not because u feel someones arm/hand in your back and you decide to throw yourself to the ground....these idiots havent a clue about football tactics or hpow to analyse a game.....!!!!!!!
Right so the stomp on Parker wasnt deliberate, the awful tackle on Sangna which could have broke his leg was just mistimed what about this

you can make all the excuses you want about him the fact is the majority of games hes played he has underperformed in thats why he gets criticised.

criticise him for his performancers by all means when he plays badly...bt do so for other players...have you criticisd silva for not tracking roone for the second goal vs utd? what made it worse was bary was even pointing rooney out to silva telling him thats your man as he was going outt o cover the fullback.....and still he didnt track him.

as for the video evidence...look at where the ball is bouncing and look where marios boot comes down...the same place but seconds after the ball has gone.....dangerous and mistimed yes...deliberate no.....how could he stop his momentum?...he is in the air and therefore impossible......he wouild qucikly get criticised and lambasted byut the crowd for being lazy if he wasnt trying to close down defenders..damned if he does, damned f he doesnt.....oh and aguero got booked for fouling a player at the weekend with a poorly badly timed challenge...if he does it again and gets sent off does he start to get the same treatment? what about about both barry gettting a one match ban for something AFTER the game (something completely avoidable and pointless)...does he get the same treatment from you and other fans.....

Im not sayin mario doesnt make poor challenges...he clearly does....im debating the "deliberate part"....and im debating the fact that what he does is higlighted far more than what others do (even when it is similar or on a more regualr basis ....)
Just wow

Rolee said:
MSP said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
And ruined our chances of the europa league that year, pissed me right of that.

I can't believe someone would do that deliberately but he was nowhere near the ball with that tackle. If I remember good he got usual 3 games ban, I'd ban him much more for that.

Don't be soft. It was a bad challenge and he was punished accordingly. Ffs!

I know!!!!! now "fans" are saying he should be punished more.......based purely onthe fact that it pissed them off!!!!!!!........get over it........shit happens in football...you think utd fans were baying for scholes bnlood whn he got sent off in the semi final against us for the tackle on zabba that actually took a chunk out of the players leg...of course they arent......mistakes happen...some people take things far too personally and are far too sensative

greasedupdeafguy said:
simon23 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Just wow

if you dont have the courtesy to even debate (and instead only post throw away comments such as the above) then dont bother posting......im trying to have a talk about football etc and your reaction that of a child (and im sure you are not)

simon23 said:
Rolee said:
MSP said:
I can't believe someone would do that deliberately but he was nowhere near the ball with that tackle. If I remember good he got usual 3 games ban, I'd ban him much more for that.

Don't be soft. It was a bad challenge and he was punished accordingly. Ffs!

I know!!!!! now "fans" are saying he should be punished more.......based purely onthe fact that it pissed them off!!!!!!!........get over it........shit happens in football...you think utd fans were baying for scholes bnlood whn he got sent off in the semi final against us for the tackle on zabba that actually took a chunk out of the players leg...of course they arent......mistakes happen...some people take things far too personally and are far too sensative
Of course its going to piss me off we had a great chance of going through that match to the quarters and fucking Balotelli makes a stupid, petulant and unneeded challenge and gets himself sent off. Fair enough if you learn from your mistake but he doesn't he keeps on doing it. I honestly don't know how you can defend this wanker who took the club to a tribunal and continues to play with such a lack of effort. Cant wait when he goes in January.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:05 pm --<br /><br />
simon23 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
simon23 said:

Just wow

if you dont have the courtesy to even debate (and instead only post throw away comments such as the above) then dont bother posting......im trying to have a talk about football etc and your reaction that of a child (and im sure you are not)
Its not a debate how you cant see it was deliberate is beyond me.

MSP said:
Whatever you'd think about it I'd ban my father for 5-6 games for such tackle. It doesn't have anything with who did it, at least on my side, wouldn't bet on opposite though, it's purely because of tackle itself.

the rules state a 3 match ban...he was given it....story over except some people seem to hold it against him them cause "it pissed them right off." That comment tells me an awful lot....its not abut the facts its about personnel feelings clouding judgments

simon23 said:
pudge said:
simon23 said:
So mario now deserves all the uinfair treatment that he gets from referees and from the press........is this what you are saying. I think we now need to redefine the term football fan...it seems now people are fans of only some players rather than the team.......and ive never heard been accused of diving either. Even the pundits dont say that ( or I havent heard them at least)

And the head stamp on (the media darling) parker wasnt deliberate but you obviously see it different...to me he was trying to regain his footing but slowed down it looks worse but in real time you can clearly see what is happening. Just like a couple of the sending offs the other day (cannt remember what game it was!)...completely undeserved and misinterprited by the ref
Yes it was

-- Dec 24th, '12, 14:41 --

simon23 said:
the challenge on song wasnt good......but it wasnt deliberate....it was a badly mistimed tackle from a centre forward...again look a the difference in treatment he gets compared to scholes who has made a habit of doing it every game he has ever played for utd, he even did it yesterday and was only on the pitch 10 mins!!!!!......Stevie G (another media darling ) consistantly made tackles far worse than that one when he was younger........is that used against him by his own fans or by the pundits/media......

Once again, yes it was.

The ball was on the ground, Mario's studs were on Song's shin.

hence mistimed......if it had been deliberate he would have snapped his shin in half....it wasnt, it was mistimed thats all..im guesing you play football...if you go in on someone and do something deliberately you will do them permanent damage........mario didnt do it deliberatey...a badly mistimed tackle....look where marios eyes are.....on the ball..he as just late and missed
Mistimed wouldn't have resulted in his foot on his shin.

Mario didn't even attempt to play the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.