Balotelli on the WUM again [BBC]

Wheelsy

How could anyone hate this guy? He's a genius.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mario Balotelli believes that Manchester City's new-look strike force is the best in world football.

Currently out with a knee injury, the 20-year-old says he cannot wait to link up with new £27m signing Edin Dzeko and the club's captain Carlos Tevez.

"Our attack of Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko is the best in the world," he said on Tuesday. "We are the strongest. Better even than Barcelona and Real Madrid."

The Italian also claimed he is better than Manchester United's Wayne Rooney.

"He [Rooney] is a very good player but not the best in Manchester," former Inter Milan striker Balotelli, who also feels that United fans admire him, told Italian newspaper Gazetta dello Sport.

"Do United fans insult me? No, they stop me in the street and say: 'Mario, come to us'. But I dream of beating them because I know how much the City fans care. They are wonderful with me."

England international Rooney, who has also suffered with injury in recent months, has scored three times this season while Balotelli has scored eight times since moving from Italy in August.

City manager Roberto Mancini has already declared his intention to unite Dzeko and Tevez in attack with Balotelli, who recently won the Fifa Young Player of the Year award.
After that prize was announced, he claimed to have never heard of the runner-up - Arsenal's Jack Wilshere.

And his latest comments are likely to cause surprise at World Player of the Year Lionel Messi's Barcelona, the reigning Spanish champions and 2009 Champions League winners, now widely considered to be one of the greatest attacking teams of all time.

He has also hit out at Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho, whom he played under at Inter for the past two seasons as the pair fell out consistently over Balotelli's attitude.

Former Chelsea manager Mourinho banished him from the first team for seven matches last season before Inter finished with an unprecedented treble in Italian football with Balotelli mostly a substitute.

"Mourinho is the best coach in the world but as a man he has a lot to learn about politeness and respect," added Balotelli.

"[But Mancini] he's the most important coach I've had. Soon he'll be the best in the world. As a man he's 10km ahead of Mourinho."

Balotelli has been ordered to rest for a couple of weeks after which his present injury, which may need an operation, will be assessed.

I wish that we were reading about his exploits on the pitch (I know he is injured at the moment - again) rather than winding up opposition and giving his opinion as to how long he will be good enough to stay with us.

Is it so clever to wind up United players with a derby on the horizon? Again lets do the talking on the pitch.

Balotelli also aimed a jibe at his former Internazionale manager José Mourinho who, he believes, lacks the man-management skills of his current Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini.

"[Mourinho] is the best coach in the world, but as a man he still has to learn manners and respect," Balotelli said. "[Mancini] is the most important coach I've ever had. He'll soon become the No1 in the world. But already now, in terms of human qualities, he is two kilometres ahead of Mourinho, wait, make that 10 kilometres.

"He continually repeats to me: 'When I joined Sampdoria from Bologna [early in his career] I already felt I was the best of all. Then I realised how hard I had to work to improve.' I've got the message."

Balotelli was also critical of Rafael Benítez, who succeeded Mourinho at San Siro last summer before being dismissed last month. "He just told me: 'You come after Milito, Eto'o and Pandev, fourth-choice striker.' I said: 'That's it, ciao.'"

Let's hope that he has got the message because if he has we have some player...

This is what ive been looking forward to...it makes him even more exciting. He WILL come good...plus we have the luxury of having an amazing front line...we dont NEED to rush him back

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
This is what ive been looking forward to...it makes him even more exciting. He WILL come good...plus we have the luxury of having an amazing front line...we dont NEED to rush him back

dont want him to become injury prone like torres

anyway

LEGEND!!!!

There's no doubt he's a skillful player, i can't wait to see him, tevez & dzeko all on the pitch. i just wish he'd concentrate on playng instead of going to ground too easily and arguing with officials. we don't need him getting needlessly booked, it could lead to suspensions when we really want him playing.

Malcolm Allison used to wind the red twats up all the time and it didn't do us any harm back then.....Fuck this feeling inferior complex now....I want players like this with no fear playing for our team......

Good on him I say!

Sky Blue said:
Malcolm Allison used to wind the red twats up all the time and it didn't do us any harm back then.....Fuck this feeling inferior complex now....I want players like this with no fear playing for our team......

Good on him I say!

You have to admit, he is a pretty funny guy.

Do United fans insult me? No, they stop me in the street and say: 'Mario, come to us'. But I dream of beating them because I know how much the City fans care. They are wonderful with me

Classic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.