Balotelli = the odd one out?

mancityscot

this isn't a downer on things at all, infect i thought we were excellent and am so unbelievably chuffed at todays performance. But on a sour note, i thought Balotelli's attitude and overall aura was awful today. he was throwing his arms around like a spoilt little child who had just broken one of his toys. i don't know if anyone else notices, but when he goes to ground he stays there for an age before getting up, if this was de jong or company they'd be up in a flash ready for more. But back to the main topic title and that is, to me he seems like the odd one out in the team. i know he is a relatively knew to the team and is very young but its as if there is the rest of the team happy and showing great team spirit, and then theres balotelli who never shows a flicker of a smile and just storms down the tunnel after being substituted. its almost as if his actions are deliberate and he wants to be different and stubborn. i think its outrageous, his temperament at sometimes and honestly think can someone be this lethargic and childlike in professional football. but anyway rant over, great performance today

CTID

we knew what we were getting

goals and attitude was the rep, and its true

jurys still out as to whether Bobby will sort him out

was always going to take a little time

I wouldn't say he's the odd one out. I think it's just that the lads a bit of a prick. He's got the potential to be as good or even better than Ronaldo as long as he grows up a bit. Still whatever his faults he's still a blue & I fucking love him!

he is not happy cos he is not scoring that is the only reason ...otherwise as usual he wont smile but he is good fella ...he will do the best for man city coming years.

The problem doesn't just lie with Balotelli.

I'll explain....(as best as i can)

Balotelli has come to England under intense media scrutiny to play for a team who are also under intense Media scrutiny. Now, the pundits, the reporters, the opposition fans and quite obviously, even the referees have already made their mind up on the lad, and sadly they've based it his media coverage from Italy. The vast majority haven't really seen him play, and i think that it has been fairly evident with some of the comments made on a number of our newer players this season by so called footballing experts - that they've seen little footage of any of our players, unless we've signed them from another Premiership club.

This has lead to opposition players and supporters targeting him. Unfortunately referees are also doing the same thing. It was happening again today. Numerous bad tackles going unpunished, purely because the player in the receiving end is Balotelli. It's quite disgusting when you actually think about. It's even more disgusting that our own so called fans are falling for the bullshit.

We have signed probably the best 20 year old footballer in the world. He has some attitude issues, but so do most 20 year olds. He is a player who we all need to get behind. I already know it won't happen, as people will have already made their mind up, much like they did with Robinho and Adebayor (both lazy mercenaries etc...).

Such a shame really. He won't be here much longer imo. He's a fantastic player, but too many fans, pundits and reporters have a bizarre agenda which seems to persuade them to only really appreciate the hard-working, but limited footballer. Balotelli is a very special talent, but what use is that when the majority of our own fans are too daft to see it.

Undoubtedly class but, like another post says, he came here with this reputation of being a stroppy sod so I doubt any players/fans are too surprised and, hopefully, not too disheartened to see him act as he does.

Bear in mind he is still VERY young and will, hopefully, grow up a bit under the guidance of Mancini and Vieira etc.

if by odd one out you mean gamechanger then I would agree.

We city fans must cut the kid some slack, he's under a lot of pressure to live up to the hype....but anyone who thinks he is not the real deal either knows nothing about football or is a deluded fool....the kid is class...end of story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.