Band, Drums & Other Club Nonsense

Don't understand why people hate the idea of a drum so much. If any set of fans could do with a drum it's ours. We sing every single song we have at 8x speed and any song that gets repeated ultimately ends because everybody has become out of sync and are singing different parts at different tempo's. A drum would provide an actual tempo and allow everybody to sing in sync. Instead, we'll just continue to sing the argentinian blues at breakneck speed and the Kompany song at at least 3 times the speed we originally started singing it at.

What about something less intrusive, like a triangle?

Or a comb with a bit of ciggy silver paper?

For once I'm gonna be contrary. I'm generally not in favour of bands. That abomination they have at the England games should be kept where it belongs - knockin' out an appalling South American anthem at least twenty fields away. But the drum band they had at the EDS v Juve match was, er, cultural, and that is good. Also the 'band' that played behind the goal at that fixture was thankfully in tune and I would go so far as to say that the people who had their hands on the instruments were musicians, so that, too, is good. They play recognisable City tunes so that is the added bonus! I would vote for them to stay at the EDS and MCWFC games. In fact, I think I shall email the club and tell 'em to ignore you miserable fuckin' philistines! The band at the CFA plays on!! But stay on that side of the road!!

Don't understand why people hate the idea of a drum so much. If any set of fans could do with a drum it's ours. We sing every single song we have at 8x speed and any song that gets repeated ultimately ends because everybody has become out of sync and are singing different parts at different tempo's. A drum would provide an actual tempo and allow everybody to sing in sync. Instead, we'll just continue to sing the argentinian blues at breakneck speed and the Kompany song at at least 3 times the speed we originally started singing it at.

Issue here is not fans bringing a drum as thats not happening. Its the club forcing drums ie 30 odd drummers.like the other night as a way of having an artificial atmosphere when all that does is make it look like fans cant generate an atmosphere themselves when its now been proved fans can !!!

They have had tubas trumpets copying the fans' chants at eds games. This doesnt help the atmosphere. It drowns out the singing. Its the club tinkering when they dont need to do anything at all.

Why have city stopped publicising what's happening in city square ? Would help knowing to make plans the night before.

You talking about that drumming they had over the PA before Juventus kick off? Think it was pre-recorded when they were in the stadium a bit earlier? I thought that was cool, sounded good.

You talking about that drumming they had over the PA before Juventus kick off? Think it was pre-recorded when they were in the stadium a bit earlier? I thought that was cool, sounded good.

Nah it was live, you could see them stood infront of EL1 whilst it was being filmed and shown on the big screen

But its the same thing they are doing every few weeks / months its not as if they are spending their marketing budget on anything useful

They had a 'City Band' going round the south stand years ago. Fans told them to do one.

At what point does it sink in for them and they realise...it's not what people want.

I want football to be football. the way to improve atmosphere is to reduce prices and offer a standing option.

We have a terrace at the cfa so just let the atmosphere build naturally. No need for these quirky 'different' things.

I hate that band, think it's really naff. And 'sparking into life' - for certain values of 'spark' and 'life' only - when a goal is scored just made me cringe.

And don't get me started on drums......!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.