Bands replacing Iconic singers - does it ever really work?

Was a little pissed off that Genesis never gave it a proper "go" when Collins left, and he was replaced by Ray Wilson (of Stiltskin).
"Calling All Stations" had some great songs on it, and it was a hark back to a "heavier" sound. Banks and Rutherford (together with Tony Smith, their manager) never really gave it any thought after the album, and the group was "moth-balled" until the 2007 re-union tour. Shame, as they'd got rid of the "woe is me" Collins ballads, and Wilson was a good singer.

peoffrey said:
shadygiz said:
Iron maiden tried it for a while when bruce dickinson left to become an olympic fencer and then a pilot

tbf, they did a good job sound wise, with his replacement, but the energy wasnt there.

when bruce dicky came back, it reignited the spark and they've been better than ever in recent gigs

I'm no Iron Maiden fan but I know a couple of diehards who wouldn't accept Blaze Bayley.

It was technically a new band but Audioslave with Chris Cornell and the 3 guys from Rage Against The Machine was never right.

I really liked audioslave, but then I never really liked Rage, but I did like Soundgarden.

sam-caddick said:
Fleetwood Mac? I loved Peter Greens guitar work, simply a genius of the blues tone, however, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham had better voices and turned the band in to a much better band!
This^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.