Bands Without Original Members

As a long time Genesis fan... do not agree. Opinions eh?
I did pull back from that. I should have said Hackett's Genesis were superior in every way. I will stand by that.
I first saw them live on the Lamb lies down on Broadway tour. Still go and see Steve every year if he is touring. Fantastic guitarist and musician.

From The Musical Box to We cant Dance is a very long musical journey and will undoubtedly change the fan base over time.

I always liked the Ron Reyes Black Flag over the Henry Rollins one, but I may the only one aside from Ron Reyes who thinks so.

Agree that the DKs without Jello seems strange but glad it was a good show.
I saw Flag a couple of years ago (Keith Morris and various other ex Black Flag members) and really enjoyed it as a live show, then it was a sunny weekend and I'd had a few.
I've seen Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine a couple of times and their shows are up there as the second best gig of my life after Steve Ignorant's Last Supper tour.
I saw Penny Rimbaud and Eve Libertine doing a weird avant garde jazz version of Yes Sir, I will which was interesting to say the least.
Honourable mentions of great bands I've seen who tragically don't have the original lineup include Ruts DC and Reagan Youth.
I'd also highly recommend TV Smith playing whatever he wants (Adverts stuff, the new Bored Teenagers songs or solo).

INXS trying to replace Michael Hutchence with Terrence Trent D'Arby and various others culminating in some awful "Rock Idol" type contest to find the new lead singer. Totally wrong and a massive shame as they were brilliant in the mid 80s to early 90s when I saw them live.

somebody told me that the 1970s band sweet are still touring and nobody from the band is in it ????

somebody told me that the 1970s band sweet are still touring and nobody from the band is in it ????

Not true that no one from the original band is in it. The guitar player is still there. Saw them support Rainbow two or three years back and they were pretty good. Never saw the full original band but did see them a three piece without Brian Connolly.

I did pull back from that. I should have said Hackett's Genesis were superior in every way. I will stand by that.
I first saw them live on the Lamb lies down on Broadway tour. Still go and see Steve every year if he is touring. Fantastic guitarist and musician.

From The Musical Box to We cant Dance is a very long musical journey and will undoubtedly change the fan base over time.

That last Hackett show at the Bridgewater, including the full Suppers Ready, was one of the best gig experiences I’ve ever been witness to.

I’ve been tempted to go a see Big Country many times but the thought of seeing them without Stuart Adamson doesn’t do it for me

the thing with big country losing stuart adamson is you lose the voice plus the distinctive sound and songwriting and therefore too far removed from the original to be considered anything like the original

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.