Bandwagon jumpers

tamworthblue said:
bluevengence said:
The 60s and 70s drew a lot of new gloryhunting support to City who have followed them ever since....time to renew the pool

Spot on mate. I'm not from Manchester so I've been a gloryhunter AND a plastic for 40+ years!
And me through thick and thin, mostly fuckin thin!! ;-)

Godot said:
Does anyone here know many since our club became blessed with so much money?

It makes my blood boil walking around Manchester and seeing a hell of a lot more people wearing City tops than just a couple of years back. In fact I actually feel a twinge of bitterness about it to be honest!! Yes, I know it's irrational, but I can't help thinking 'gloryhunter!' Even have this neighbour who changed sides from United to City because he sees us as 'the next big thing'. Pathetic.

I acknowledge the positives - i.e more support in striving to become a global brand, however these people make me feel incredible sympathy for the long-suffering City fan. The ones (like me I cheekily add) that have been there through thick and thin *sighs*

Are ya sure it's not just cos we're sellin' the shirts at a tenner a go?

Don't mind too much, if they support the lads with the passion and vigour that we have through times thin and thinner. This one though does make my blood boil, I have recently been back in touch with a friend I'd not seen for years. He was a nited fan (had all the shirts bedspreads bog roll you know the script) don't remember if he ever went, but his leanings were definitely towards the dark side. Well started seeing all this pro city stuff on his facebook, And sent him a message saying thought you were a rag, His reply "nah mate not for years finally seen the light had a city card for a few seasons now". Haha I just replied "was that when we were taken over and looking like the next big force in football" still no reply yet though, Hope I haven't offended him might txt him to make sure he's not too upset lol. Maybe the power shift has started already my blue brothers and sisters. ;0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.