Bangkok Blues................Marathon Men !!

Bilboblue said:
masterwig said:
Well done to everyone involved. Must have been tough in the humidity.

Out of interest, how much is that in pounds? I'm guessing it isn't 3 million...

its around 53 baht=£1 atm so about £56,500ish.....great effort that

That's phenomenal.

I wasn't expecting it to be worth even half that. Seriously well done.

Bilboblue said:
Back in the Pickled Liver for refreshment, or is that somewhere else?

Fleagle managed to get back to the Pickled Liver after the run, as it stays open untill very very late !!
The run started and finished at the Amari Hotel in the Pratunam area of Bangkok, and the Pickled Liver is in the Sukhumvir area, which is a feww miles away.

Asian Blue said:
Fleagle managed to get back to the Pickled Liver after the run, as it stays open untill very very late !!

Anything to quicken my de-hydration & suffering.:-)

Interesting thread guys, interesting enough to make me register and post for the first time.

It never occurred to me that there would be any organised City activity in Bangkok, pretty stupid I guess as I am sure we are everywhere (a bit like the team a couple of years ago .....).

Anyway, where do you guys hang out and how often? Maybe son and me can pop in one day and remember some good and bad times ....

Well done for the 6km run by the way :)

Pickled Liver has a football team right? Son played them a few weeks ago and got stuffed :P (in terms of score btw, not literally (Luckilly ....)).

I'm going to be in Bangkok for the Chelsea game on December 5th - is the Pickled Liver the best place to watch the match? I think I'm staying on the same street anyway.

Well done dave!!! This has become a tradition in bangers over the years and they have raised loads of do$h for the orphans. Its quite sad as many of the Moms had their babies when they were infected and passed along the horrible disease. The hotel organises a trip to Lopburi where one of the orphanages is located and the kids put on a show for them. My Misses went last year and it was uplifting (the kids in school bouncing around the schoolyard and thrilled to bits to have guests) its sad at the same time as you fear for the kids future.

In LA now hoping to get to Tokyo, then bangkok and praying I dont have to slum it in economy but you cannot beat the price!! Will buzz you when I get in Dave!!!! Well done to everyone just talked to nat .last night and she said things went well!!!

molineuxblue said:
I'm going to be in Bangkok for the Chelsea game on December 5th - is the Pickled Liver the best place to watch the match? I think I'm staying on the same street anyway.[/quote

Yes Pickled Liver it is !!!
Guess you know how to find it.................in the slip road on Soi 11 Sukhumvit, opposite the Ambassador Hotel.

halfcenturyup said:
Interesting thread guys, interesting enough to make me register and post for the first time.

It never occurred to me that there would be any organised City activity in Bangkok, pretty stupid I guess as I am sure we are everywhere (a bit like the team a couple of years ago .....).

Anyway, where do you guys hang out and how often? Maybe son and me can pop in one day and remember some good and bad times ....

Pickled Liver is the place, and when a City game is on, you will be sure to find some of the Bangkok Blues in there.
As you say, a good way to catch up and chew the fat over the beloved team !!!!!

Well done for the 6km run by the way :)

Pickled Liver has a football team right? Son played them a few weeks ago and got stuffed :P (in terms of score btw, not literally (Luckilly ....)).

Frank the Yank said:
Well done dave!!! This has become a tradition in bangers over the years and they have raised loads of do$h for the orphans. Its quite sad as many of the Moms had their babies when they were infected and passed along the horrible disease. The hotel organises a trip to Lopburi where one of the orphanages is located and the kids put on a show for them. My Misses went last year and it was uplifting (the kids in school bouncing around the schoolyard and thrilled to bits to have guests) its sad at the same time as you fear for the kids future.

In LA now hoping to get to Tokyo, then bangkok and praying I dont have to slum it in economy but you cannot beat the price!! Will buzz you when I get in Dave!!!! Well done to everyone just talked to nat .last night and she said things went well!!!

Well done to my running partner and fellow Blue , Fleagle, as well !!!!

thats an unbelievable amout of money to raise.well done lads.on a sperate note the amari atrium hotel on petcheburi road is a fantastic hotel if anyone is looking for a good hotel in bangkok.great restaurant on the roof by the pool.the girls who do the massages in the beauty rooms are top notch s well! the extras you get n all that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.