Barça on Robinho (Merged)

Re: Barça on Robinho (Merged)

Robinho has left the door open for a possible move from Manchester City during the winter transfer window after admitting he is "happy" at interest shown by Barcelona and insisting that it is "not easy to say no" to the European champions.

Barcelona have been searching for a left-sided attacker since the end of last season's treble-winning campaign and their coach, Pep Guardiola, continues to insist on the need for reinforcements after the summer window shut without the club signing anyone in that position. Robinho has emerged as the strongest candidate. Guardiola is an admirer of the Brazilian and Barcelona believe a deal can be struck.

Asked last night about Barcelona's interest, Robinho, who is on international duty, said: "It's not easy to say no to a club like Barcelona. They are European champions, they're in a lovely city and I like Spain a lot. I have always wanted to play at clubs like Barcelona. It's a great club, any player would be happy for them to show an interest. I'm happy that Barcelona have taken notice of me. Who wouldn't like to play alongside Xavi, [Andrés] Iniesta, [Lionel] Messi, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and all the rest. I like Barcelona; they're a great club." Robinho has been left as the most accessible of Barcelona's targets after they failed for a variety of reasons to sign David Silva, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribéry, Ashley Young or Valencia's Juan Mata.

Barcelona believe that City's manager, Mark Hughes, will be prepared to let Robinho go following a first season at Eastlands in which sparkling home performances were accompanied by dreadful away ones. Robinho was left out of the squad to face Portsmouth before the international break. He was quoted as saying that he did not want to risk a minor ankle injury because Brazil's World Cup qualifier in Argentina was "more important", although the club claimed his comments had been taken out of context.

Robinho is a doubt for City's game against Arsenal on Saturday because of a thigh problem and City could also be without Carlos Tevez after the forward suffered a knee injury against Brazil on Saturday. He has been ruled out of Argentina's qualifier against Paraguay on Wednesday although it is not believed to be serious.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/07/robinho-manchester-city-barcelona" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... -barcelona</a>

Bonol said:
Robinho is turning into a twat. The season is 3 games old and he is asking his agent to spread the news he wants out. I hope Barca buy him, it will be the biggest bag of shit they ever layed there hands on. He's only been here 5 minutes, cant be bothered half the time, loses the ball and cant be arsed getting it back, dodges games with a tingy wingy sore on his foot, the only thing world class about Robinho is his name. What a wanker.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WHAT

AN ABSOLUTE

ARSE

he does need to keep his trap shut and put in a decent performance at the weekend IF fit

I'll probably get slated for this as he's a real 'fan favourite' but you've got to question his motives, firstly the whole 'Brazil is more important than City' and now the constant Barca whoring... I wouldn't be too sorry to see him go, I think he's a great player, but far too weak physically to deal with the premiership, and like other people have mentioned his work rate does leave a lot to be desired.

I'm disliking Robby more and more each week. And this has just topped the feelings I have.

He can fuck off or commit his future to the club .. End of.

city diehard said:
YungJoshiiMcFc said:
I'm disliking Robby more and more each week. And this has just topped the feelings I have.

He can fuck off or commit his future to the club .. End of.

no need to be like that

I think from his comments he clearly wants to leave for Barcelona is they put any bid in. I feel Robby is perhaps unhappy at the players we brought in, in a way because he is no longer the main star? I could be crazy ..

Citycitytid said:
Bonol said:
Robinho is turning into a twat. The season is 3 games old and he is asking his agent to spread the news he wants out. I hope Barca buy him, it will be the biggest bag of shit they ever layed there hands on. He's only been here 5 minutes, cant be bothered half the time, loses the ball and cant be arsed getting it back, dodges games with a tingy wingy sore on his foot, the only thing world class about Robinho is his name. What a wanker.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WHAT

AN ABSOLUTE

ARSE

Tad harsh... I am getting pissed off with all this too now. We pay him more than any other player in the prem. He should respect that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.