Barbecue

Made wings today. Phenomenal. I’ve got a tip I got off the internet a few years ago in case anyone is interested. Marinate your raw chicken wings in a mixture of 1 cup soy sauce and 1 cup Italian salad dressing per ~4 lbs wings overnight or at least 12 hours. Pat dry, and grill as usual. Then toss in Franks sauce with butter and a teaspoon of soy sauce after they come off the grill. If don’t love ‘em then, well I just won’t believe you. :-)

I wouldn't put that shit on anything.

franks-red-hot-ethel.jpg

Pork loin and cider sauce.

Cooked a 2kg pork loin joint this afternoon on bbq. Have put recipe below. Really tender, juicy and tasty. Did us for our Sunday roast and enough leftover# to last us most of next week. Cheap as chips too.

The secret of this recipe is to marinade the joint overnight so that the meat takes on max liquid. Marinade is simple. Small bottle of cider, couple of spoons full brown sugar, same amount of honey, couple of large squeezes of garlic purée, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Put the joint in a food bag with the marinade and leave overnight.

When you are ready to cook, make sure you have set the bbq so you can cook over direct and indirect heat. I do that by having the charcoal at the sides of the bbq and a foil drip tray in the middle with some water in it. Heat should be around 180 - 200. Sear the joint over the coals for 8 minutes and them move it to the middle over the drip tray. Cook with lid closed until internal temp is 62c. Should take about 90 mins to 2 hours. Meanwhile don’t throw away the marinade. Put it in a pan and simmer and reduce the liquid by half. Add butter and Dijon mustard and stir well. When the sauce is a bit syrupy, add a bit of creme freche and reduce heat. Stir until sauce is smooth and well blended. Serve slices of pork and sauce with whatever vege and taters you like. Thank me later!

Great recipes for dinner and marinades here chaps. So after a double cook my brisket is cooling for a few hours. It sucked up a lot of coal that cook making me inclined to wait for my reverse flow offset before doing anything that big again. You can do it but it's a fucking effort, fun though. it hit 200f so i pulled it off to do the last 5 degrees with residual heat and rest.

Remember with chicken if you are not smoking it full on you can whack the temps up a bit to get crispy skin. I do for the last 15-20 mins and after a re-dress the chickens skin over the meat i add extra salt to that to help crisp it on top of my rub mix. Another simple chicken rub i found is chinese five spice simply with extra garlic granules and salt. Tandoori rub is great to if you are willing to tend them on the edge of direct heat to crisp it then offset it for 20 mins. I find tandoori needs that char to get the best flavour.

Gonna stick a pork butt on tonight to test the heat beads with a few chunks of mesquite for smoke. Simple rub of paprika, salt, garlic granules, pepper and onion granules.

I really need to buy a brine bucket.

I'll get pics of that brisket up when i unwrap it.

Pork loin and cider sauce.

Cooked a 2kg pork loin joint this afternoon on bbq. Have put recipe below. Really tender, juicy and tasty. Did us for our Sunday roast and enough leftover# to last us most of next week. Cheap as chips too.

The secret of this recipe is to marinade the joint overnight so that the meat takes on max liquid. Marinade is simple. Small bottle of cider, couple of spoons full brown sugar, same amount of honey, couple of large squeezes of garlic purée, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Put the joint in a food bag with the marinade and leave overnight.

When you are ready to cook, make sure you have set the bbq so you can cook over direct and indirect heat. I do that by having the charcoal at the sides of the bbq and a foil drip tray in the middle with some water in it. Heat should be around 180 - 200. Sear the joint over the coals for 8 minutes and them move it to the middle over the drip tray. Cook with lid closed until internal temp is 62c. Should take about 90 mins to 2 hours. Meanwhile don’t throw away the marinade. Put it in a pan and simmer and reduce the liquid by half. Add butter and Dijon mustard and stir well. When the sauce is a bit syrupy, add a bit of creme freche and reduce heat. Stir until sauce is smooth and well blended. Serve slices of pork and sauce with whatever vege and taters you like. Thank me later!

may I suggest you should choose your bottle of cider carefully, do not use a dry cider, try to get a medium sweet, there is a big difference

Pit Beef, burnt ends and beans in Texas, best in world.

Couple of links, Carolina sauce, food of the fictious Gods.
Ahh a mustard vinegar sauce, now you are talking sir. I have a great recipe for that if you ever want it boss. Burnt ends are indeed food of those gods you speak about.

Where are you eating boss, the salt lick, green mesquite, franklins, la barbecue? I am very jealous, nowt like eating bbq in the home of bbq. If you are at lockhearts or blacks then my god i am very jealous hehe. Have you got their beans that are pretty sweet or the ones with bacon in em that are more savoury?

Links are something i have to make one day, beef links are a bbq staple so i need to learn how to do them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.