Barca apparently interested in Gundogan £50m

The only issue I have with him is his lack of pace and physicality, plus unfortunately his comparators are Kev and Dave, arguably the two best midfielders in world football (Messi duly acknowledged).His quality on the ball compensates for that, but his inclusion alongside Bernardo (as often seems to happen) lends an air of lightweightness to the team IMO

Fair comments. I think he remains tentative on the physical side of the game because of his injuries and so I don't think we have seen the best of him. He is a very talented football player though and I am happy to have him in the squad.

If a big offer came in from a team like Barca that Gundogan was keen to move to, I wouldn't be gutted to see him move so long as we lined up (and then completed) a deal for an upgrade. An upgrade might not be another central midfield player if, for instance, more game time there resulted for someone like Foden: the money might be spent on a different type of player but the squad overall needs to be even stronger when the transfer window closes.

The problem with selling Gundogan after the WC is that we'll never sign a replacement before the window closes.

Just like the Sterling contract thread this thread shows what twunts so many 'City' supporters are. 'Snap their wrists off' 'Drive him there myself' (x10) and 'I'd take 30m'. FFS. This is one of our own who has just played a major role in a record breaking season. SHOW SOME FKN RESPECT!!!!.
I think gundogan is a cracking player but would take the money, and it's not a shot at gundogan but at the end of the day he is at his peak and isnt first choice here plus I can see him get less game time this coming season then he did last season with us signing another cm. 50mil for a guy who will be 28 soon and isn't a regular starter and never really looks like he will be for us is good business we could pick up fernandes for free and I don't believe the squad will be much weaker with fernandes as he is capable of playing at a similar level to gundogan now and has the potential to improve. Just put of interest do you feel the same about danilo, bravo and zinchenko?

I think we will see the best of him next season when hopefully he’s put 2 horrific injuries behind him. Fifty million is also not enough - full backs are going for that amount now. Who would we buy of equal quality for 50m? Seems like a decent bloke and you can tell he likes playing for us. Keep him Pep.
Great post you don't replace Gundagun unless we spend 75m on say Kovacic seems daft to me. Let's not forget him & Berny sit on the bench more than others.

You sell Gundagun then keep the money & put towards Hazard or Mbappa if they come available after Worl Cup. Foden can easily fill in.

It depends if we have solid plans for if he would leave. Txiki and Pep do not strike me as they types to put themselves needlessly in a position of weakness should we need to approach another club to fill a void. Clubs would ramp the price up if we did not already have an agreement with x club for y player for z amount and we would have to pay it as people know Pep likes specific types of player for his needs putting us in that weak position.

It depends if we have solid plans for if he would leave. Txiki and Pep do not strike me as they types to put themselves needlessly in a position of weakness should we need to approach another club to fill a void. Clubs would ramp the price up if we did not already have an agreement with x club for y player for z amount and we would have to pay it as people know Pep likes specific types of player for his needs putting us in that weak position.
Like you say if its happening then we sign someone out of the blue like we did Bernardo then we anounce Gundagun is off.
City need to put this to bed the longer it goes on then it's possible he's off.

Still think it's Jorginio & Mahrez then only another signing if we sell.

Not going to happen as I don't believe Barca will pay what is required. He's very underrated on here for some odd reason. Good man too.

My understanding is that we need to sell one more player before we can bring in both mahrez and Jorginho. I would rather see us sell Gundogan and get 50million than sell Zinchenko for peanuts. Gundogan is an excellent player far superior than Zinchenko at moment but I think Gundogan will see even less playing time if Mahrez and Jorginho arrive. It may be a one off for us to sell a player for a good few.

Like you say if its happening then we sign someone out of the blue like we did Bernardo then we anounce Gundagun is off.
City need to put this to bed the longer it goes on then it's possible he's off.

Still think it's Jorginio & Mahrez then only another signing if we sell.
I think you will have a long wait if you are expecting a statement from the club

I would rather see us sell Gundogan and get 50million than sell Zinchenko for peanuts.

Peanuts? We only paid £1.6-£1.7 million for him and could have got half of that back from his loan to PSV (maybe, no idea what we charge for a loan). Admittedly Gundogan only cost £21 million (?) but we would make a healthy profit on Zinchenko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.