Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corky said:
Chappie said:
We were allocated 4600 tickets for the Barca match.
We have now got down to 9250 points and the tickets are still not sold out,what does this tell us ?
1- If supporters clubs dont get an allocation,their are plenty available
2- Every supporter should get their own ticket,when they reach the criteria,laid down
3- That their are not as many supporters over the 10000 mark as people think

4- £77 for the worst view in football
5. I don't give a shit I want to be there

Thankfully I have my own ticket already, but I can't believe there are only a few hundred tickets (if that) remaining.

My pal is nervous about getting one so I looked into some past Champions League aways to see what happened.

Our first ever away in the Champions League we got circa 3,500 tickets and that went on general sale.

Perhaps more tellingly, for Real Madrid again we got 3,500ish tickets and having searched for the sales criteria - it went as low as 5,000 points but even then it didn't sell out until 5 days after that.

Add that to;
- People had all summer to save for those two, whereas you would of had to pay for flights etc just before Christmas
- Some people have already been to Barca (admittedly in a friendly), but would never have seen City play in either of the other venues
- We've got about 1,000 more tickets
- It's costing £77 per ticket
- No supporters clubs have received any tickets as yet

Personally, I was confident we would always sell out the allocation, but I didn't think people would be struggling for a ticket at this stage. To take virtually 5,000 away in Europe for a Round of 16 is quite an achievement. This is a special game and one that I have looked forward to for the past few years, but I don't understand why the demand is so different.

cptaidan88 said:
Thankfully I have my own ticket already, but I can't believe there are only a few hundred tickets (if that) remaining.

My pal is nervous about getting one so I looked into some past Champions League aways to see what happened.

Our first ever away in the Champions League we got circa 3,500 tickets and that went on general sale.

Perhaps more tellingly, for Real Madrid again we got 3,500ish tickets and having searched for the sales criteria - it went as low as 5,000 points but even then it didn't sell out until 5 days after that.

Add that to;
- People had all summer to save for those two, whereas you would of had to pay for flights etc just before Christmas
- Some people have already been to Barca (admittedly in a friendly), but would never have seen City play in either of the other venues
- We've got about 1,000 more tickets
- It's costing £77 per ticket
- No supporters clubs have received any tickets as yet

Personally, I was confident we would always sell out the allocation, but I didn't think people would be struggling for a ticket at this stage. To take virtually 5,000 away in Europe for a Round of 16 is quite an achievement. This is a special game and one that I have looked forward to for the past few years, but I don't understand why the demand is so different.
It's the 2nd leg of a knockout tie rather than an early group stage game.

Real did sell out he day after 5k points, but there was no notice whatsoever for this game and people could have gained 2,500 points since.
Barca has 3 months notice compared to just over 2 weeks for Real - which makes an enormous difference.

Corky said:
Real did sell out he day after 5k points, but there was no notice whatsoever for this game and people could have gained 2,500 points since.
Barca has 3 months notice compared to just over 2 weeks for Real - which makes an enormous difference.

I went through the old articles on the website a few days ago. It didn't sell out for 5 days after it went down to 5,000. I don't believe anyone other than a child would have been able to get 2,500 since September 2012 if they only had 5,000 at that point.

Your argument about the notice is valid, but the majority had booked flights and accommodation immediately.

There have been panics like this before which have been unnecessary so I hope this is a similar instance and most people get sorted. I suppose we'll find out in the next day or so as it gets down to 9,000.

I posted this morning that the person who served me at 09.00 said that this was the busiest it had been all week, there were only 15 in the queue. A mate of mine has 9 exec's through his company and has been told by the club he'll be lucky to get two. It seems that the club is trying to stick to the loyalty point scheme quite rigidly, as they should do.

Bluebee2 said:
I posted this morning that the person who served me at 09.00 said that this was the busiest it had been all week, there were only 15 in the queue. A mate of mine has 9 exec's through his company and has been told by the club he'll be lucky to get two. It seems that the club is trying to stick to the loyalty point scheme quite rigidly, as they should do.

The MD at our place has 4 exec's, not had his tickets confirmed either. I think it'll go down to 8500. As you say, they seem to be going by loyalty points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.