Barca fans get together in Manchester

CTID1988 said:
Il be there in my stone island undies. I say we smash up the tapas place on deansgate first

I'm in there from 4.30pm so if you can do it about 6pm when I'm gone it would appreciated. I'll even turn a bit of cutlery over on the way out to start if off of you want.

I wouldn't have a drink with this lot. They are notoriously unsporting and wouldn't even let Utd have a go with the ball in the CL Final.

bluesmith said:
Have they sold out? Spanish fans are notoriously bad travellers.

just a heads-up here lads & lasses...

i was lucky enough to live in barcelona for a year and i pretty quickly realised that the majority of them do not consider themselves to be spanish.
barcelona is in catalonia & they are incredibly passionate about independence form spain,
so much so that they have regular marches through the city.

you will find they are very fluent in english so there's no problem communicating at all
and although they understand spanish they would rather you don't speak it to them.
(a few of them actually find it insulting and ignorant)

on first hearing, catalan sounds like a mix between spanish and french but it is a separate language of its own developed from latin 1000yrs ago

it was actually made illegal to speak or write in 1940 by the fascist dictatorship in power in spain.
it is now the official language - taught in school - even the newspapers use it.

so if we intend to greet them nicely - it's best not to call them spanish or speak to them in a language that represents everything they reject.

catalonia.jpg

catalonia-is-not-spain-barcelona-realmadrid-2009.jpg

EUtreaty_1432491c.jpg

0ed661b3_catalonia-is-not-spain.jpg

Av_LKdBCAAAbJaK.jpg:large

there are some words and phrases on here if you are interested
<a class="postlink" href="http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook</a>

calum down said:
it was actually made illegal to speak or write in 1940 by the spanish so you can understand their gripe.
When you say Spanish, you actually mean fascists there. It's a bit ignorant to say Spanish as if it was the whole of Spain when Spain had just fought a bloody civil war where half of Spain fought with Catalonia against the fascists.

This should make it easier for them to understand that Trafford is not in Manchester, but I'm not sure how on earth to explain that Rooney is worth 300k per week *snigger*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.